LONDON, April 18, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- The thin wafer market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 3.7% between 2016 and 2022 and estimated to reach USD 9.17 billion by 2022. A key driving factor for the growth of the thin wafer market is the reduction in the size of electronic devices. Besides, several other factors such as growing mobile and consumer electronics markets and high amount of material saving are also propelling the growth of the market.
"300mm diameter wafer expected to grow at the highest CAGR":
In the thin wafer market, the 300mm wafer is estimated to grow at a significant pace during the forecast period. Till recent times, semiconductor manufacturers used 150mm and 200mm diameter size wafer for the development of semiconductor devices. Presently, the use of 300mm wafer is increasing due to its high production capacity for semiconductor devices.
"APAC to be the fastest-growing region in the thin wafer market"
The market in APAC is expected to grow at the highest CAGR between 2016 and 2022. The growth is attributed to increasing industrialization and urbanization in this region. The growing semiconductor industry in APAC is the main factor responsible for the increasing adoption of thin wafers in the region. Further, the cheap labor cost, high demand of consumer electronic devices, and favorable economic conditions are some of the reasons for the high growth of thin wafers in this region.
Several primary interviews with experts have been conducted across four major regions, namely, North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and Rest of the World (the Middle East, Africa, and South America). The primary participants considered for the study are C level executives, managers, and D level executives of tier 1, tier 2, and tier 3 companies. The breakdown of primary interviews is as follows:
- By Company Type-Tier 1- 55%, Tier 2- 20%, Tier 3- 25%
- By Designation –C Level- 49%, Manager Level- 31%, Director level- 20%
- By Region- North America-20%, Europe-40%, Asia-Pacific-30%, RoW-10%
The key players operating in this market include LG Siltronic, Inc. (South Korea), Shin-Etsu Chemical Co. (Japan), Siltronic AG (Germany), Sumco Corporation (Japan), Sunedision Semiconductor Ltd. (U.S.), SUSS Microtec AG (Germany), Lintec Corporation (Japan), Disco Corporation (Japan), 3M (U.S.), Applied Materials, Inc. (U.S.), Nissan Chemical Corporation (Japan), Synova (Switzerland), EV Group (U.S.), Brewer Science, Inc. (U.S.), and Ulvac GmbH (Germany).
"Reasons to buy the report":
- This report includes the market statistics pertaining to wafer size, semiconductor device applications, and geography along with their respective revenues.
- The Porter's five forces framework has been utilized along with the value chain analysis to provide an in-depth insight into the thin wafer market.
- Major drivers, restraints, and opportunities for the thin wafer market have been detailed in this report.
- Illustrative segmentation, analyses, and forecasts for the market based on wafer size, application, and geography have been conducted to give an overall view of the thin wafer market.
- A detailed competitive landscape includes key players, in-depth analysis, and revenue of key players.
Download the full report: https://www.reportbuyer.com/product/3756550/
Reportbuyer is a leading industry intelligence solution that provides all market research reports from top publishers
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/thin-wafer-market-by-wafer-size-process-application-and-region---global-trend-and-forecast-to-2022-300253123.html