MILFORD, Conn., Aug. 29, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Thinklogical, a global manufacturer of secure, high-performance KVM signal extension and switching systems for video-rich applications, today announced the launch of its new TLX24 matrix switch at IBC 2016, Sept. 9-13 2016 in Amsterdam, in stand 10.D46.
The TLX24 offers a compact, high performance, non-blocking, 24-port matrix switch for complete, end-to-end routing of video and computer peripheral signals. The 1RU matrix is available with fiber-optic, CATx and hybrid connectivity options, and may be configured as a unidirectional 24x24 or a bidirectional 12x12 switch.
The TLX24 delivers a 100 percent uncompressed, 10Gbps signal path with the lowest signal latency in the industry. When combined with TLX extenders, the TLX24 offers precise pixel-for-pixel transmission and switching of UHD, HDR and 4K DCI resolution video -- up to 4096 x 2160 resolution, 60Hz frame rate, 4:4:4 chroma subsampling and 30-bit per pixel color depth -- with no visual artifacts, jitter or lost frames, and with instantaneous computer peripheral (keyboard, mouse, trackball, etc.) responsiveness.
TLX24 incorporates an easy-to-use push-button front panel interface for simplified access and control, and its small form factor chassis is ideal for space-constrained applications such as broadcast control rooms, post-production suites and O.B. mobile production trucks.
True "Any-to-Any" Switching for Flexibility and Efficiency
With a protocol-agnostic architecture, virtually any signal -- regardless of type or standard -- can be switched through the TLX24, and any port on the matrix can be quickly configured to accommodate any signal format or direction, in or out. It is easy to change any port on the TLX24 to be video or audio or machine-or-tablet control -- whatever configuration is required to accomplish a task -- in just minutes.
With this true "any-to-any" switching capability, a flexible and efficient "virtual-suite" design concept is made possible, where operators in all of the rooms in a broadcast or post-production facility —including control rooms, edit suites, theaters, slow motion replay workstations, and viewing rooms—can instantly switch in and out of whatever computer they are controlling.
Having one routing system with the flexibility to change the purpose of a suite or workstation with the push of a button, without having to physically re-wire or move servers and displays dramatically improves efficiency and productivity without compromising creativity, quality or reliability.
"Based on customer demand, Thinklogical has engineered all of the power and performance of our mid- to large-scale matrix switches into a new compact form factor with the TLX24," said Joe Pajer, president and CEO of Thinklogical. "The uncompressed high-bandwidth signal stream and flexible switching options found in TLX24 means content creation professionals no longer need to compromise on productivity, performance and resolution quality when working with UHD, 4K or HDR content."
Other demonstrations in the Thinklogical stand 10.D46 at IBC include:
- Intuitive Mouse Control with Mouse-Over Cross-Display Switching: Seamless, instant, screen selection by just moving the mouse from screen to screen allows for intuitive access to multiple independent computer sources without manual switching or interrupting workflow.
- Text Overlay: Provides a customized display capability to more easily identify source, with custom overlay size, color and positioning.
- System Management Portfolio and System Management Interface (SMP/SMI) with Enhanced Configurable On-Screen Display (OSD): Interactive drag-and-drop and flexible user-definable Hot Keys system management. Features include remote system monitoring and updating, and mouse and keyboard sharing.
- Compressed vs. Uncompressed KVM Signal Management: Side-by-side competitive product comparison, highlighting the smooth and accurate video delivery and peripheral performance enabled by the uncompressed high-bandwidth signal stream found in all Thinklogical KVM products.
TLX24 Product Features:
- Configurable up to a 24x24 switch
- 10Gbps bandwidth per port
- Re-clocking technology maintains signal integrity
- Protocol agnostic
- Multi-mode fiber, single mode fiber, CATx and hybrid configurations
- Completely non-blocking architecture
- Route video and data up to 80km over fiber, 100m over CAT6a
- MTBF over 100,000 hours
- Hot-swappable optical modules
- Replaceable modular power supply
- Push button control interface
- System Management Portfolio integration for complete switch control and management
The TLX24 and other TLX Series hybrid signal management products are available for order now from Thinklogical and authorized Thinklogical resellers. More TLX information and specifications can be found at: http://www.thinklogical.com/products
Thinklogical LLC is a leading manufacturer and provider of KVM, video, audio, and peripheral signal extension and switching solutions. Government, entertainment, scientific and industrial customers worldwide rely on Thinklogical's products and services for security, high performance, continuous operation and ease of integration. The company is headquartered in Milford, Conn. and is privately held by Riverside Partners LLC (http://www.riversidepartners.com).
+1 (203) 647-8728
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/thinklogical-introduces-compact-and-flexible-24-port-10g-hybrid-kvm-matrix-switch-at-ibc-2016-300318935.html