WASHINGTON, Nov. 8, 2016 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- LUNGevity Foundation, the nation's preeminent lung cancer research foundation, today announced that the Thomas G. Labrecque Foundation will be investing in the SU2C-LUNGevity-American Lung Association Lung Cancer Interception Dream Team. This latest investment furthers the LUNGevity-Labrecque partnership to fund innovative, impactful research for the early detection of lung cancer.
"We are thrilled that the Thomas G. Labrecque Foundation is investing in this first-of-its-kind Dream Team," said Andrea Stern Ferris, President and Chairman of LUNGevity Foundation. "Their interest in early detection research complements LUNGevity's strategic focus. Together we will be able to drive great science further faster, ultimately saving thousands of lives."
"Over the years LUNGevity has been a great partner in our fight against lung cancer. Supporting LUNGevity's collaboration with SU2C and American Lung Association to help create the Lung Cancer Interception Dream Team is the type of innovative research we look to support," said Tom Labrecque, Jr, President of the Thomas G. Labrecque Foundation. "With our strong history of partnering with LUNGevity, we know our funds are going to impact our knowledge of the disease and therefore get us closer to a cure."
For more information on LUNGevity Foundation, please visit www.LUNGevity.org.
For more information on the Thomas G. Labrecque Foundation, please visit www.tglfoundation.com.
About Lung Cancer
- 1 in 15 Americans is diagnosed with lung cancer in their lifetime
- More than 224,000 people in the U.S. will be diagnosed with lung cancer this year
- About 60%-65% of all new lung cancer diagnoses are among people who have never smoked or are former smokers
- Lung cancer kills more people than the next three leading cancers (colorectal, breast, and prostate) combined
- Only 18% of all people diagnosed with lung cancer will survive 5 years or more, BUT if it's caught before it spreads, the chance for 5-year survival improves dramatically
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/thomas-g-labrecque-foundation-invests-in-lungevitys-su2c-lungevity-american-lung-association-lung-cancer-interception-dream-team-300359153.html
SOURCE LUNGevity Foundation