Thought-Leader Opinion and Clinical Data Indicate That There is a Great Commercial Opportunity in Providing Effective Targeted Therapies for Triple Negative Breast Cancer The Most Promising Emerging Agents in Development for Triple Negative Breast Cancer Target Only Specific Patient Subsets, According to Findings from Decision Resources Group
BURLINGTON, Mass., April 7, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Decision Resources Group finds that due to the heterogeneity of triple negative breast cancer the most promising emerging agents in development, target only specific subsets of patients. The two novel emerging therapies niraparib (Tesaro) and Xtandi (Medivation/Astellas) are set to offer efficacy advantages over currently available agents in the BRCA1/2-mutation positive and androgen receptor triple negative patient populations, respectively.
Other key findings from the DecisionBase 2014 report entitled Breast Cancer (Triple-Negative, Advanced/Metastatic): What Attributes will Distinguish Emerging Therapies in the Eyes of Oncologists and Payers?:
- Twenty-five percent of oncologists would prescribe niraparib to a median of 50 percent of their first-line BRCA1/2-mutation positive triple negative breast cancer patients
- Oncologists indicate neurological toxicity as a high area of unmet need
- Oncologists weigh increases in efficacy over
Comments from Decision Resources Group Analyst Dan Roberts:
- "There is a large unmet need for new therapies for this triple negative breast cancer, and it therefore represents a potentially lucrative market segment for drug developers"
- "The majority of therapies used to treat patients in this population are generic chemotherapies, since Avastin (Genentech/Roche/Chugai) was revoked by the FDA for treatment of metastatic breast cancer in 2011. The anticipated launch of PARP inhibitors for BRCA-mutant breast cancer patients will therefore partially fulfill this unmet need in a small subset of triple-negative patients"
About Decision Resources Group
Decision Resources Group offers best-in-class, high-value information and insights on critical issues within the healthcare industry. Clients rely on this analysis and data to make informed decisions. Find out more at www.DecisionResourcesGroup.com.
All company, brand, or product names contained in this document may be trademarks or
registered trademarks of their respective holders.
For more information, contact:
Decision Resources Group
SOURCE Decision Resources Group