BENICIA, Calif., Feb. 2, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- No matter which team you're rooting for on game day, hosting a winning viewing party will be a breeze, thanks to entertaining tips from Three Bridges, makers of an inspired line of fresh, refrigerated chef-crafted meals, pastas and sauces. From DIY drinks to simple yet flavorful starters to satisfying main dishes, the key to entertaining success is all in the prep—and leveraging simple shortcuts that pack big flavor and punch.
"We all know that game day is as much about the food and revelry as the teams on the field. In fact, it's the biggest national food fest after Thanksgiving," said Chef Craig Schauffel, vice president of research and culinary innovation at Three Bridges. "With simple, everyday ingredients found in the refrigerated aisle, hosting on game day doesn't mean you have to spend all day in the kitchen and miss all the action. Using ready-made ingredients in unusual ways will make your event both effortless and crowd-pleasing, while also allowing hosts to have more fun."
Host like a champion by following Chef Craig's favorite party-hosting hacks:
1. Score a touchdown with a Bloody Mary bar
- Update the classic cocktail and give guests something to do while waiting for kick off by creating a Bloody Mary bar. Add Three Bridges 100-percent natural, vegetarian Heirloom Marinara Sauce and your favorite toppings to the spread for a modern twist to the traditional tomato juice mixture. Added bonus: the DIY bar allows the host to mingle instead of tending to guests' drink refills.
2. Play defense against hunger with elevated appetizers
- Your party-ready guests will expect the traditional chips and dips, veggie tray and meatballs, but you can easily upgrade your appetizer selection with unique and unexpected recipes, like Parmesan Tortellini Bites, Bruschetta with Pesto and Crispy Italian Sausage Ravioli with Heirloom Marinara recipes. These hearty, gourmet dishes can be assembled as easily as 'hut-hut-hike!' and are sure to be a touchdown with your guests!
3. Enhance hotdogs with gourmet toppings for the win
- With drinks and apps taken care of, the next play is the main course. Start with protein to keep friends energized for the whole day. To ensure you're not stuck in the kitchen prepping complex casseroles well into the first quarter, grill up some wieners for a quick, yet satisfying dish. Elevate your hot dog game by offering artisanal pretzel or brioche buns and gourmet toppings, such as a flavorful basil pesto instead of relish.
4. Pump up your pizza game
- Pizza pies have always been a crowd pleaser, and what better way to display your culinary skills than enhancing your go-to pizza with crave-worthy sauces and recipes: Superfood Pesto, Creamy Red Bell Pepper Sauce, and Vegetable Pesto Pizza. Once guests indulge in a slice, the bold flavors will awaken your guests' palate and make for a scrumptious and shout-worthy experience!
Three Bridges artisanal pastas (SRP $3.99 - $4.99), sauces (SRP $4.99) and prepared meals (SRP $7.99) are available nationwide, including Safeway and Target stores. For more information or to locate a store near you, visit www.ThreeBridges.com.
About Three Bridges
Founded in 2014, Three Bridges is a company comprised of chefs, food scientists and food lovers on a mission to innovate the refrigerated foods aisle with an inspired line of fresh, deliciously accessible line of chef-crafted meals, natural filled and cut pastas and sauces, made from premium natural and organic ingredients. Providing a welcome break from boring menus, Three Bridges foods take people on a culinary adventure to explore a world of unexpected tastes and flavors, while simultaneously delivering what people most enjoy about a homemade meal—real, quality ingredients and incredible taste—without all the fuss. Three Bridges is made and manufactured proudly in California and North Carolina, where its commitment to good living is reflected in the company's use of green energy, and growing line of certified organic offerings. Its chef-inspired foods are available at specialty retailers and grocery retailers nationwide.
For additional information, please visit us online www.ThreeBridges.com.
Contact: Charlotte Coseo
SOURCE Three Bridges