TI delivers AEC-Q100 low-voltage power management unit Ultra-fast start-up time of under 10 mS for next-generation automotive infotainment systems
DALLAS, Feb. 7, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Texas Instruments Incorporated (TI) (NASDAQ: TXN) today introduced a low-voltage power management unit with the fastest start-up time of under 10 mS for demanding instant-on automotive applications, such as graphical cluster, infotainment and advanced driver assistance systems (ADAS). The TPS659119-Q1 is optimized to work with TI's automotive OMAP™ processors, including the DRA6x family (codenamed "Jacinto") of infotainment processors, and other ARM® Cortex™-A offerings. In addition, the TPS659119-Q1 is factory-programmed and has customizable power-up and power-down sequencing based on the customer's processor of choice and system power needs. For more information or to order samples, visit www.ti.com/tps659119-q1-pr.
Key features and benefits of the TPS659119-Q1:
- Dynamic voltage scaling for processor core flexibility: The TPS659119-Q1 has three efficient step-down DC/DC converters; two with dynamic voltage scaling and one for input/output (I/O) power.
- Supports high current rail: The TPS659119-Q1 has a control signal that enables one external buck controller for external FETs to support a high current rail when necessary.
- Highly efficient, flexible output: With eight low dropout (LDO) voltage regulators and one real-time clock (RTC) LDO, the TPS659119-Q1 provides flexible output power to serve multiple processors.
- High integration ensures maximum design flexibility: The TPS659119-Q1 is optimized for TI's automotive OMAP™ processors, including the DRA6x family of infotainment processors.
Tools and support:
The TPS659119-Q1 evaluation module (EVM) is available to speed the evaluation of the TPS659119-Q1. Priced at $99.00, the evaluation module is available upon request at www.ti.com/tps659119evm-pr. A reference design, schematic checklist, and application note are also available.
Availability, packaging and pricing
The TPS659119-Q1 comes in a HTQFP 80-pin package and is available now for ordering at a suggested retail price of $5.61 in 100-unit quantities.
Texas Instruments drives automotive innovation
TI's state-of-the-art semiconductor products allow manufacturers and system suppliers to deliver world-class features to the automotive market. Our extensive automotive portfolio includes analog power management, interface and signal chain solutions, along with DLP® displays, ADAS and infotainment processors, Hercules™ TMS570 safety microcontrollers and wireless connectivity solutions. Complete with excellent product documentation, TI offers parts that are compliant with the AEC-Q100 and TS16949 standards, along with SafeTI™ products, which also comply with ISO 26262 requirements. Click here to learn more.
Find out more about TI's automotive and transportation portfolio by visiting the links below:
- View TI's complete automotive and transportation portfolio: www.ti.com/automotive-pr.
- Download TI's Automotive and Transportation Selection Guide: www.ti.com/automotiveguide-pr.
- Join the TI E2ETM Automotive Community: www.ti.com/e2eautomotive-pr.
- Keep up with the latest automotive happenings at TI: www.ti.com/behindthewheel-pr.
- Find the corresponding power management solution for your processor: www.ti.com/processorpower.
About Texas Instruments
Texas Instruments semiconductor innovations help 90,000 customers unlock the possibilities of the world as it could be – smarter, safer, greener, healthier and more fun. Our commitment to building a better future is ingrained in everything we do – from the responsible manufacturing of our semiconductors, to caring for our employees, to giving back inside our communities. This is just the beginning of our story. Learn more at www.ti.com.
OMAP, Hercules, SafeTI, DLP and TI E2E are trademarks of Texas Instruments. All other trademarks and registered trademarks belong to their respective owners.
SOURCE Texas Instruments Incorporated