DALLAS, March 24, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Expanding its popular NexFET portfolio, Texas Instruments (TI) (NASDAQ: TXN) today introduced 14 power MOSFETs in TO-220 and SON packages that support input voltages from 40 V to 100 V. The high-efficiency NexFETs include 40-V, 60-V, 80-V and 100-V N-channel devices that provide excellent thermal performance to a wide range of high-current motor control and power applications. To order samples and see the full list of products, visit: www.ti.com/mvnexfet-pr.
Lowest on-resistance Two of the new 80-V and 100-V NexFET devices achieve the industry's lowest on-resistance in a TO-220 package without sacrificing high gate charge – giving designers more power conversion efficiency at higher currents. The CSD19506 supports 2.0 milliohms of Rds(on) at an input voltage of up to 80 V, while the CSD19536 achieves 2.3 milliohms of Rds(on) at a 100-V input. Both products feature plastic packages with high avalanche capability to support high-stress motor control applications. Designers also can easily select the new products and simulate their power designs by accessing TI's award-winning WEBENCH® online design tool.
Easy-to-use evaluation modules TI also introduced several easy-to-use evaluation modules based on its 60-V NexFET products – all available for ordering in the TI eStore™:
- Stepper motor pre-driver: DRV8711EVM evaluation module is based on the DRV8711 stepper motor controller paired with NexFET devices to drive a high-current bipolar stepper motor or two brushed DC motors.
- Motor Drive BoosterPack: The BOOSTXL-DRV8301 kit is a 10-A, 3-phase brushless DC drive stage based on the DRV8301 pre-driver -- designed for those learning about sensorless brushless control techniques and drive stage design.
- Digital power: UCD3138PSFBEVM-027 allows power developers to design a digitally controlled, phase-shifted off-line, 12-V, 360-W power converter application.
- Point-of-load control: TPS40170EVM-597 evaluation board features TI's TPS40170 synchronous step-down controllers with two NexFET devices.
About NexFET power MOSFETs TI's NexFET power MOSFET technology improves energy efficiency in high-power computing, networking, industrial and power supplies. These high-frequency, high-efficiency analog power MOSFETs give system designers access to the most advanced DC/DC power conversion solutions available.
Availability and pricing The CSD19506KCS and CSD19536KCS N-channel devices are available in volume production through TI and its worldwide network of authorized distributors. Each comes in a 3-pin, standard TO-220 package with a suggested resale price of US$2.30 each for the CSD19506 and US$2.30 each for the CSD19536, in 1,000-unit quantities. TI also offers 40-V, 60-V, 80-V and 100-V FETs in lead-free 5-mm by 6-mm SON packages.
Find out more about TI's NexFET and motor control solutions:
- Video overview of 80-V and 100-V NexFET solutions.
- Download the new Motor Control Solutions Guide.
- Join the TI E2E™ Power Community to ask questions and help solve problems with fellow engineers.
TI analog for industrial designs TI's broad range of power management and analog signal chain products offers design engineers the high performance, low power and integration they need to create innovative and differentiated consumer electronics. TI is engineering the future with gesture recognition, touch feedback, advanced battery charging, audio, health technology and more. Learn how analog products improve how we live, work and play with TI Analog Solutions for Industrial.
About Texas Instruments Texas Instruments Incorporated (TI) is a global semiconductor design and manufacturing company that develops analog ICs and embedded processors. By employing the world's brightest minds, TI creates innovations that shape the future of technology. TI is helping more than 100,000 customers transform the future, today. Learn more at www.ti.com.
Trademarks TI E2E, WEBENCH, eStore and NexFET are trademarks of Texas Instruments. All registered trademarks and other trademarks belong to their respective owners.
SOURCE Texas Instruments