TI introduces industry-leading ultra-low noise, high PSRR linear voltage regulators LDOs reduce jitter, eliminate noise filters and simplify power design
DALLAS, May 14, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Texas Instruments Incorporated (TI) (NASDAQ: TXN) today introduced two high-current, low-dropout (LDO) linear voltage regulators with excellent noise and power supply rejection ratio (PSRR) performance in very small, easy-to-use packages. The 250-mA LP5907 and 800-mA LP38798 LDOs feature less than 10-µVrms output noise over the 10-Hz to 100-kHz bandwidth, eliminating the need for expensive and bulky filtering in a wide range of high-performance applications. For more information, samples and evaluation modules, visit www.ti.com/lp5907-pr and www.ti.com/lp38798-pr.
250-mA LP5907 LDO
Designed to meet the requirements of RF and analog circuits in applications such as mobile handsets, tablets and WiFi devices, the LP5907 linear regulator provides ultra-low noise, high PSRR, low quiescent current and low line or load transient response figures. Using innovative design techniques, the LP5907 offers industry-leading noise performance without a bypass capacitor, and includes the ability for remote output capacitor placement. The device is designed to work with 1-µF input and output ceramic capacitors, and when used in conjunction with the award-winning WEBENCH® online design tool, the LP5907 speeds and simplifies the design process. Watch a video at www.ti.com/LP5907-prv.
LP5907 key features and benefits
- Output noise of less than 10-uVrms provides a clean supply for noise-sensitive applications.
- PSRR of 75 dB at 1 kHz keeps a noisy supply from reaching target application.
- Output voltage range between 1.2 V and 4.5 V in 25 mV steps enables a variety of designs.
- Very small 0.65-mm by 0.65-mm by 0.40-mm micro SMD package allows placement very close to target application.
800-mA LP38798 LDO
The LP38798 is a high-performance linear regulator capable of supplying 800-mA of output current. Designed to meet the requirements of sensitive RF and analog circuitry in applications such as basestations, the LP38798 features a unique linear topology on an advanced CMOS process to deliver ultra-low output noise and high PSRR at switching power supply frequencies. The LP38798 is stable with both ceramic and tantalum output capacitors and requires a minimum output capacitance of just 1-µF for stability.
LP38798 key features and benefits
Output noise of 5 uVrms provides a clean supply for noise-sensitive applications.
- PSRR of 90 dB at 10 kHz keeps a noisy supply from reaching target application.
- Wide operating input voltage range of 3 V to 20 V.
- Very small 4.0-mm by 4.0-mm by 0.8-mm WSON package allows for placement very close to target application.
The LP5907 and LP38798 join TI's broad portfolio of LDO linear regulators, which feature low quiescent current to increase efficiency in a variety of applications. For more information, visit www.ti.com/ldo-pr.
Availability, packaging and pricing
The LP5907 and LP39798 LDOs are available in volume now from TI and its authorized distributors. Offered in 5-pin SOT-23, 4-pin micro SMD and 4-pin DSBGA packages, the LP5907 is priced at US$0.23 in 1,000-unit quantities. The LP39798 is offered in a 12-pin WSON package with thermal pad and is price at US$1.30.
Find out more about TI's power portfolio:
- Learn how to choose the best solution with "Fundamentals of Choosing LDO and Switching Regulators," which explains power trade-offs.
- Watch a video to learn how to select an LDO for low noise applications: www.ti.com/lownoiseLDO-prv.
- Watch a video to learn how to select an LDO for your application: www.ti.com/pickLDO-prv.
- Learn how to pick a linear regulator for noise-sensitive applications.
- Download the LDO Quick Reference Guide: www.ti.com/LDOguide-pr.
- Ask questions and share knowledge in the Power forum in the TI E2E™ Community: www.ti.com/powerforum-pr.
- Download power reference designs from TI's PowerLab™ Reference Design Library: www.ti.com/powerlab-pr.
About WEBENCH tools from Texas Instruments
The WEBENCH Designer and Architect component libraries include more than 24,000 components from 120 manufacturers. Price and availability is updated hourly by TI's distribution partners for design optimization and production planning. Offered in eight languages, the user can compare complete system designs and make supply chain decisions in minutes. To start a cost-free design, visit TI's WEBENCH design environment at www.ti.com/webench-pr.
About Texas Instruments
Texas Instruments semiconductor innovations help 90,000 customers unlock the possibilities of the world as it could be – smarter, safer, greener, healthier and more fun. Our commitment to building a better future is ingrained in everything we do – from the responsible manufacturing of our semiconductors, to caring for our employees, to giving back inside our communities. This is just the beginning of our story. Learn more at www.ti.com.
WEBENCH is a registered trademark and TI E2E and PowerLab are trademarks of Texas Instruments. All other trademarks belong to their respective owners.
SOURCE Texas Instruments Incorporated