TI introduces industry's first complete high-speed data converter system evaluation kit Kit includes everything needed to fully evaluate high-speed data converters
DALLAS, March 13, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Texas Instruments Incorporated (TI) (NASDAQ: TXN) introduced the industry's first complete high-speed data converter system evaluation kit (HSDC-SEK), which significantly reduces system evaluation costs and enables designers to get their system running in minutes. The HSDC-SEK-10 includes a pattern capture card, pattern generator card, low-jitter clock source, clean 10-MHz signal source and a multi-output regulated power supply. For more information and to purchase the kit, visit www.ti.com/hsdc-sek-10-pr.
The HSCD-SEK-10 can significantly reduce evaluation time and costs for a host of demanding applications in which high-speed data converters, such as the dual, 14-bit, 250-MSPS ADS4249 analog-to-digital converter (ADC) and the quad, 16-bit, 1.5-GSPS DAC34SH84 digital-to-analog converter (DAC), are key system performance drivers. Examples include test and measurement, communications, defense and medical equipment.
Key features and benefits of the HSDC-SEK-10
- Significantly reduces evaluation costs: Evaluating ADCs and DACs is expensive, with lab equipment costs running as high as $20,000 or more. The low-cost HSDC-SEK-10 eliminates this investment for basic evaluation.
- Enables quick evaluation: Systems can be up and running in as little as 30 minutes.
- Provides complete solution for powering, clocking and evaluating data. Key system components include the following:
- TSW4806EVM, which features the LMK04806 dual-PLL clock jitter cleaner and generator. It provides a complete, low-cost, low-noise and portable clocking solution.
- TSW1405EVM pattern capture card, which supports most LVDS-format TI ADC evaluation modules EVMs) with a capture buffer of 64K samples.
- TSW1406EVM pattern generator card, which supports pattern generation for most LVDS-format TI DAC EVMs, with a pattern size of up to 64K samples.
- TSW2200EVM, which supplies low-noise power to EVMs, and the TSW2110EVM, which provides a clean 10-MHz analog input for the ADC.
- Fast FFT analysis or pattern generation: High-Speed Data Converter Pro graphical user interface (GUI) enables speedy FFT analysis or pattern generation capabilities.
Availability and pricing
The HSDC-SEK-10 can be purchased today for US$799.
Learn more about TI's high-speed data converter portfolio by visiting the links below:
- Buy the HSDC-SEK-10 from the TI eStore: www.ti.com/hsdc-sek-10-buy-pr.
- Download the User Guide: www.ti.com/hsdc-sek-10-guide-pr.
- Ask questions and get answers from TI experts in the High Speed Data Converter Forum on the TI E2E™ Community: www.ti.com/e2ehsdc-pr.
- Follow what our signal chain experts have to say on the Analog Wire blog: www.ti.com/analogwire-pr.
- Download a news release graphic at: www.ti.com/newscenterphotos-pr.
About Texas Instruments
Texas Instruments Incorporated (TI) is a global semiconductor design and manufacturing company that develops analog ICs and embedded processors. By employing the world's brightest minds, TI creates innovations that shape the future of technology. TI is helping more than 100,000 customers transform the future, today. Learn more at www.ti.com.
TI E2E is a trademark of Texas Instruments. All other trademarks and registered trademarks belong to their respective owners.
SOURCE Texas Instruments Incorporated