TI introduces industry's first Full HD image sensor receiver
1080p60 sensor-to-processor IC reduces video system size and power consumption
DALLAS, April 3, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Texas Instruments Incorporated (TI) (NASDAQ: TXN) today introduced the industry's first image sensor receiver IC to serve as a dedicated LVDS bridge between image sensors and processors. Compared to existing FPGA-based solutions, the SN65LVDS324 lowers the bill-of-materials (BOM) by 20 percent, reduces system power consumption by more than 10 percent and shrinks package size by 50 percent. It provides full HD, 1080p60 image quality in a host of video capture applications, including surveillance IP cameras and video conferencing systems, as well as industrial, consumer and professional video recording equipment. For more information and to order samples, visit www.ti.com/sn65lvds324-pr.
Key features and benefits of the SN65LVDS324
- Optimized solution for sensor-to-processor interface: As a dedicated bridge for video streams between HD image sensors and processors, the SN65LVDS324 lowers BOM costs by up to 20 percent compared to existing FPGA-based solutions.
- Dedicated sensor-to-processor interface: In 1080p60 system implementations, the SN65LVDS324 typically consumes less than 150 mW, reducing system power consumption by more than 10 percent versus current FPGA solutions.
- Smallest package size: Dedicated function provides a 50-percent smaller package than current FPGAs.
- Excellent video resolution: Supports a wide range of resolutions and frame rates, up to 1080p60-full-HD to maximize system performance.
The SN65LVDS324 is an extension of TI's popular FlatLink™ and FlatLink™3G serial interface technology, which reduces the number of signal lines used for synchronous parallel data bus structures with no loss in data throughput. It is also optimized to work with a variety of processors, including TI's OMAP™ and DaVinci™ processors for video applications.
Availability, packaging and pricing
The SN65LVDS324 is available in a 4.5-mm by 7-mm, 59-ball PBGA (ZQL) package. Suggested retail pricing in 1000-unit quantities is US$2.65.
Learn more about TI's FlatLink 3G portfolio by visiting the links below:
- Order SN65LVDS324 samples: www.ti.com/sn65lvds324s-pr.
- View the SN65LVDS324 video.
- Download the SN65LVDS324 datasheet.
- Engineers designing with the SN65LVDS324 can also ask questions and get answers from TI experts in the TI E2E™ Interface Community.
- Follow what TI signal chain experts have to say on our blog: Analog Wire.
About Texas Instruments
Texas Instruments semiconductor innovations help 90,000 customers unlock the possibilities of the world as it could be – smarter, safer, greener, healthier and more fun. Our commitment to building a better future is ingrained in everything we do – from the responsible manufacturing of our semiconductors, to caring for our employees, to giving back inside our communities. This is just the beginning of our story. Learn more at www.ti.com.
TI E2E, FlatLink, FlatLink3G, DaVinci and OMAP are trademarks of Texas Instruments. All other trademarks and registered trademarks belong to their respective owners.
SOURCE Texas Instruments Incorporated
More by this Source
Texas Instruments to webcast its 4Q13 mid-quarter financial update
Dec 02, 2013, 11:30 ET
TI CEO Rich Templeton to deliver keynote at Credit Suisse investor conference
Nov 25, 2013, 10:00 ET
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.