TI introduces most flexible PFET high-side load switch with level shift and slew-rate control
Power switch offers the widest voltage range to replace discrete FET switches
DALLAS, Oct. 4, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Texas Instruments Incorporated (TI) (NASDAQ: TXN) today introduced a high-side load switch that integrates a power PFET and a control NFET in a tiny 6-pin package. Offering support for the industry's widest supply voltage range at 1.0 V up to 8 V, the TPS27081A is the most flexible replacement for discrete FET switches. The load switch also offers adjustable slew-rate control so designers can implement the device in any application that requires load switching or power sequencing, including notebooks, tablets, LCD televisions, global positioning systems (GPS) and set-top boxes. For more information and to order samples, visit www.ti.com/tps27081a-pr.
Key features and benefits of the TPS27081A
- Better flexibility: Higher voltage range of operation for both the on/off function and input/output voltages supports wider range of applications with lower bill-of-materials cost.
- Higher reliability in the system: Supply inputs are fully protected against ESD strikes on all pins, thus providing better ESD compatibility with other on-board components than the competition.
- Ensures high efficiency: Low ON resistance with the high-current PFET ensures low voltage drop across the PMOS transistor.
- Higher Reliability: High-pulsed current rating allows reliability under short-circuit conditions, which ensures longer product lifetimes.
- Broad power switch portfolio: The TPS27081A complements TI's low ON-resistance integrated load switches, such as the TPS22965 and the TPS22929D.
Availability, packaging and pricing
The TPS27081A is available in a 2.9-mm x 1.6-mm x 0.75-mm thin SOT-23 (DDC) package. Suggested retail pricing in 1000-unit quantities is US$0.12.
Learn more about TI's Power Management portfolio by visiting the links below:
- Order TPS27081A samples: www.ti.com/tps27081a-pr.
- Download the Power Management Guide.
- Engineers designing with the TPS27081A can also ask questions and get answers from TI experts in the TI E2E™ Power Management Community.
- Follow what TI power management experts have to say on our blog: The Power House Blog.
About Texas Instruments
Texas Instruments semiconductor innovations help 90,000 customers unlock the possibilities of the world as it could be – smarter, safer, greener, healthier and more fun. Our commitment to building a better future is ingrained in everything we do – from the responsible manufacturing of our semiconductors, to caring for our employees, to giving back inside our communities. This is just the beginning of our story. Learn more at www.ti.com.
TI E2E is a trademark of Texas Instruments. All other trademarks and registered trademarks belong to their respective owners.
SOURCE Texas Instruments Incorporated
More by this Source
Texas Instruments to webcast its 4Q13 mid-quarter financial update
Dec 02, 2013, 11:30 ET
TI CEO Rich Templeton to deliver keynote at Credit Suisse investor conference
Nov 25, 2013, 10:00 ET
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.