DALLAS, Aug. 12, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Texas Instruments (TI) (NASDAQ: TXN) today introduced a complete multiphase core voltage (Vcore) power management system solution for enterprise servers, storage and high-end desktop applications. Compliant with Intel's VR12.5 and VR12 voltage regulation specifications, the TPS53661, TPS53641 and TPS53631 DC/DC controllers and CSD95372B and CSD95373B NexFET smart power stages are a state-of-the-art, digital multiphase solution to power the latest Intel® Xeon® processors. The complete solution features industry-leading efficiency at up to 95-percent in the smallest footprint. For more information, samples and an evaluation module, visit www.ti.com/tps53661-pr and www.ti.com/csd95372b-pr.
The TPS53661, TPS53641 and TPS53631 DC/DC controllers support 6-, 4- and 3-phase operation respectively, and incorporate TI's advanced D-CAP+™ control architecture and a feature-rich PMBus command set. The CSD95372B and CSD95373B synchronous buck NexFET smart power stage integrate an intelligent driver and power MOSFETs in a compact 5-mm by 6-mm package. Together, the products provide a complete multiphase Vcore system solution with superior transient performance, industry-benchmark telemetry accuracy and outstanding system reliability.
TPS53661, TPS53641 and TPS53631 key features and benefits
- TI's D-CAP+ architecture offers ultra-fast transient response. Its inherent design eliminates beat frequency.
- Dynamic current sharing and cycle-by-cycle current limit ensure robust multiphase regulator operation.
- Hybrid analog and digital topology delivers lowest quiescent power consumption, fastest dynamic performance and ultimate flexibility.
- Industry's smallest 5-mm by 5-mm package.
CSD95372B and CSD95373B key features and benefits
- Integrated current feedback with 3-percent accuracy eliminates the need for inductor DC resistance (DCR) sensing.
- High power density with best-in-class thermal performance.
- Optimized package footprint with DualCool™ packaging option, facilities easy layout and enhanced heat sinking.
Availability, packaging and pricing
The multiphase Vcore power management solution is available in volume now from TI and its authorized distributors. The TPS53661, TPS53641 and TPS53631 DC/DC controllers are offered in a 40-pin QFN package and priced at US$3.80, $3.30 and $2.80 in 1,000-unit quantities, respectively. The CSD95372BQ5M and CSD95373BQ5M NexFET smart power stages are offered in a 12-pin SON package and priced at US$1.05 and $0.90.
Find out more about TI's power management portfolio:
- Design a complete power management system online with TI's WEBENCH Power Designer.
- Search for solutions, get help and share knowledge in the Power Management forum in the TI E2E™ Community.
- Download power reference designs from TI's PowerLab™ Reference Design Library.
About Texas Instruments
Texas Instruments Incorporated (TI) is a global semiconductor design and manufacturing company that develops analog ICs and embedded processors. By employing the world's brightest minds, TI creates innovations that shape the future of technology. TI is helping more than 100,000 customers transform the future, today. Learn more at www.ti.com.
WEBENCH is a registered trademark and D-CAP+, NexFET, DualCool, TI E2E and PowerLab are trademarks of Texas Instruments. All other trademarks belong to their respective owners.
SOURCE Texas Instruments Incorporated