DALLAS, April 5, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Texas Instruments Incorporated (TI) (NASDAQ: TXN) today announced 15 world-class suppliers will receive the company's annual Supplier Excellence Award (SEA) for delivering outstanding service and support. The recipients were selected from among TI's global supplier base of more than 12,000 companies based on a variety of attributes such as cost, environmental responsibility, technology responsiveness, assurance of supply and quality.
"We set high expectations for our supply chain partners in order to ensure our 90,000 customers get to market fast with innovative products," said Rob Simpson, vice president of TI's Worldwide Procurement and Logistics. "The past 12 months have been uniquely challenging for the semiconductor industry in terms of the unexpected occurrence of natural disasters, threatening impact to supply. We greatly value the suppliers that, much like TI, go above and beyond to maintain continuity of supply even in the midst of crisis."
The 15 SEA recipients and products or services they provide to TI, include:
- Asahi Engineering Co., Ltd. – IC molding equipment
- Covalent Silicon Corporation – Silicon
- Dainippon Screen Mfg. Co., Ltd. -- Capital equipment, spares and services
- Heraeus Quartz America LLC -- Quartz
- Hitachi Data Systems -- IT storage systems
- Hitachi High Technologies Americas, Inc, Semiconductor Equipment Division -- Etch capital equipment, spare parts and services
- InTEST Corporation -- Docking, manipulator, and wafer probing interface products
- Jiangyin Changdian Advanced Packaging Co., Ltd. -- External manufacturing
- Kinpo Electronics, Inc. -- Contract manufacturer
- Kintetsu World Express, Inc. -- Shanghai PDC services
- MBG Consulting -- Lease administration
- MM Solutions AD -- Multimedia IP and system solutions
- Tanaka Denshi Kogyo k.k. -- Bonding wire
- Teradyne, Inc. -- Automated test equipment
- Unimicron Technology Corp. -- Rigid substrate
Texas Instruments semiconductor innovations help 90,000 customers unlock the possibilities of the world as it could be – smarter, safer, greener, healthier and more fun. Our commitment to building a better future is ingrained in everything we do – from the responsible manufacturing of our semiconductors, to caring for our employees, to giving back inside our communities. This is just the beginning of our story. Learn more at www.ti.com.
SOURCE Texas Instruments Incorporated