SKOKIE, Ill., June 21, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- In the world of outdoor living, decks have evolved from a practical outdoor space to "outdoor rooms," a true extension of the home. TimberTech, the premier manufacturer of low maintenance, high quality and durable outdoor building products, has developed its 2016 deck trends forecast to help homeowners create the most durable, comfortable and stylish outdoor spaces.
To ensure that its top-notch product line is stocked with the most up-to-date trends, TimberTech works closely with industry expert George Gehringer of Metaphor LLC on an annual report highlighting the hot styles and most popular decking trends in each region across the country.
"Whether a homeowner's style is laid back or extravagant, we pay close attention to the latest outdoor living trends to create product lines that offer homeowners a variety of quality decking, color and railing options to best match his or her preferences," said TimberTech's chief marketing officer Julia Fitzgerald. "At TimberTech, we want to help homeowners make the most of their decks to spend the precious warmer months enjoying the outdoors, not on pricey deck upkeep."
TimberTech and Gehringer have identified the following trends to help homeowners create a stylish and functional outdoor room:
- See it all: With a nod to the retro chic trend from the 1950s, cable railing provides an open visual backdrop.
- Warm up: Replace heat lamps with fire pits as a cozier way to extend the seasons.
- Stay connected: Get wired on any deck with plugs for lighting, music, TVs and security systems.
- Upgrade the grill: Bring the kitchen outdoors with gas grills, pizza ovens, freezers, fridges, running water and storage for cooking utensils.
- Get peace of mind: Enjoy time on the deck without worrying about regular maintenance. High performance decking materials allow homeowners to sit back and relax instead of staining and sealing their deck year after year.
Overall, whether a homeowner is looking for a DIY product or will be hiring a decking professional to build their outdoor space, designing a space that meets their individual lifestyle will provide the highest level of satisfaction.
Providing a top quality product in more than a dozen popular colors and several aesthetically pleasing surface textures, TimberTech decking comes with a 25-Year Limited Residential Warranty and 25-Year Fade & Stain Limited Warranty.
About the TimberTech® Brand:
Part of CPG Building Products, TimberTech is one of the world's leading brands of high-performance, low maintenance decking, railing, lighting and fastening solutions in an unmatched selection of colors and styles – all available through a network of thousands of contractors and dealers worldwide. For more information, please visit TimberTech.com.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/timbertech-premium-decking-announces-top-outdoor-living-trends-for-2016-300287854.html