Time Home Entertainment Inc. and TIME For Kids Announce: Grammar Rules!
NEW YORK, May 28, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Grammar books can be often dry and boring, but with TIME For Kids' newest book…Grammar Rules!, learning grammar has never been more fun.
Grammar Rules! (Time Home Entertainment Inc.; June 18, 2013; $11.99), which is available now at www.timeforkids.com/grammar and retailers nationwide, is packed with hilarious examples and fun visuals, including word games and mazes, to help youngsters ages 8 through 12 learn the ins and outs of grammar. This richly-designed resource begins with basics like spelling, commonly misused words, and tips to aid memory, then moves on to punctuation, parts of speech, and common grammatical mistakes.
Helpfully divided into five sections, Grammar Rules! includes:
- Parts of Speech – Words play different roles in a sentence. And parts of speech—like nouns, pronouns, verbs, and conjunctions—tell us what those roles are. When you understand parts of speech, you understand how words fit together to make sense in a sentence.
- Crafting an Expert Sentence – Sentences are the building blocks of language. We express our ideas through sentences when we speak and write.
- Use the Correct Word Every Time – Your writing can be only as good as the words you use, and choosing the right words can be a challenge. This section will help you choose the right words and spell them correctly every time.
- Punctuation – Some punctuation rules are easy to remember, like whether to use a period or a question mark at the end of a sentence. Other punctuation rules can be confusing, like whether to use a comma in a sentence.
- Ready to Write – Writing is a way to share useful information. It's also a way to communicate your thoughts and feelings. Do you want to know the secret to becoming a better writer? Write, write, and write some more! Begin a journal. Write long letters to friends and family members. Take lots of notes during class. Start a blog.
"Grammar Rules! will help kids gain a better command of English, motivating them to express themselves more clearly and effectively," said Bob Der, Editorial Director, TIME For Kids. "It's an easy-to-use guide that helps young people discover that language is nothing to be feared. Rather, it's fun."
About TIME For Kids
TIME For Kids is a weekly classroom news magazine that motivates kids to read. Issues cover a wide range of real-world topics kids love to learn about. A powerful teaching tool, TIME For Kids builds reading and writing skills and is easily integrated across your curriculum, including social studies, science and math.
SOURCE TIME For Kids
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.