WAUKESHA, Wis., July 13, 2011 /PRNewswire/ --
- Hundreds of thousands of Chicagoland residents without power
- Waukesha, Wis.-based Generac, a leading manufacturer of power generation products since 1959.
- Duane Nelson, spokesman for Generac
- Areas of Chicagoland are paralyzed by power outages following this week's severe weather, just a few weeks after storms ravaged the region in late June. Hundreds of thousands may not regain power until the weekend, which makes an inconvenience potentially dangerous given the heat wave heading this way.
- Generac spokesman Duane Nelson is available for interviews about what people should do in response to power outages and what type of generators are the best investment for people concerned about how power outages will affect their homes.
- A Generac stationary backup generator is powered by the home's existing natural gas or LP fuel supply, and kicks on within seconds of a power outage, eliminating any power loss for homes with standby generators. It stays on until utility power returns. This saves expensive food and medication from spoiling, prevents basement flooding, controls home climate in both summer and winter, protects critical electronic appliances and keeps people connected to technology in our networked world.
- Immediate or future interview opportunities – via phone or in person – with Duane Nelson are available by appointment.