CHICAGO, Sept. 18, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- It's not always easy to come up with ideas for school lunch boxes. Parents have to find a balance between what their kids will actually eat and what will provide them with the nutrients essential for learning and playground activities.
Milk Unleashed might be one answer. It's shelf safe, Grade A milk that doesn't require refrigeration until it's opened (no preservatives added). Single-serving milk boxes – similar to juice boxes – can be stored in the pantry for up to six months without refrigeration. Stock up so it's always on hand and chill as needed – a great addition to the lunch box. And, if for some reason the child doesn't drink the milk during the day, it isn't wasted since it is shelf safe – just put it back in the refrigerator for the next day.
Tips for kid-friendly lunch boxes:
- Try freezing a carton of shelf safe milk the night before, so it will be just the right temperature when it's lunchtime.
- Dips are fun at lunch. Baby carrots with hummus. Celery sticks in peanut butter. Apples in fruit yogurt. Pretzels in cheese dip. Yum!
- Let kids select their own lunch box. Bento boxes are fun, with lots of little compartments for different healthy treats.
- Kids will be running faster on the playground when well fueled. Make sure their lunch is protein-packed!
- For the super picky eater, try putting cereal in their lunch box, along with a carton of shelf safe milk and some fruit. It's breakfast for lunch!
- Make lunches colorful to attract attention. Like wraps with red or green flatbreads, filled with colorful veggies and cheese.
- Every now and then, tuck a note or a silly cartoon in kids' lunch boxes to make them smile.
- Use a large cookie cutter to make sandwiches into fun shapes. Or cut into bite sized squares to be eaten with a toothpick.
NOTE: Photos available upon request
ABOUT TETRA PAK
Tetra Pak is the world's leading food processing and packaging solutions company. Working closely with our customers and suppliers, we provide safe, innovative and environmentally sound products that each day meet the needs of hundreds of millions of people in more than 170 countries around the world. With almost 22,000 employees based in over 85 countries, we believe in responsible industry leadership and a sustainable approach to business. Our motto, "PROTECTS WHAT'S GOOD™," reflects our vision to make food safe and available, everywhere. More information about Tetra Pak is available at www.tetrapakusa.com.
This press release was issued through eReleases® Press Release Distribution. For more information, visit http://www.ereleases.com.
SOURCE Tetra Pak