Tis' the season for boxed chocolates, roses and...marriage proposals!
Jewelers Mutual Insurance Company, provider of Perfect Circle® Jewelry Insurance, offers simple tips for protecting your ring until you pop the question
NEENAH, Wis., Jan. 23, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- With the Valentines season in full swing, flowers and chocolate are not the only things in abundance. Last year, four million Americans expected to propose or be proposed to over Valentine's Day, according to an American Express survey.
Because there are so many details that go into planning a proposal, it is easy forget the most important step – insuring the ring! This is the very first step a future groom can take to guarantee the ring will always be a reminder of his love. A recent Jewelers Mutual survey of 659 recently engaged men found that 50 percent of men did not insure the ring after purchase, leaving the jewelry without protection in cases of loss, theft or damage.
"There are not many elements of a proposal that you can insure but, thankfully, the ring is one of them," said Tyler Krowiorz, Jewelers Mutual spokesperson. "Jewelry insurance from Jewelers Mutual is a quick, easy process. Applying directly after purchase is the most ideal time to get protection; it's fast, easy and more affordable than you think. You will feel confident that the ring is ready to dazzle your future bride."
A marriage proposal is a stressful event for a hopeful future groom, but ensuring the ring is kept safe until the question is popped doesn't have to be. Here are five tips from jewelry insurance experts on protecting your ring until the big day:
1. Store the ring in a safe place. 66 percent of men reported in the survey that they stored the ring at their place of residence after purchase. This is not a safe option.
2. Ensure she doesn't find it. Hiding the ring at home raises the potential that a future bride will discover it. Keeping the ring at a bank safety deposit box will prevent this from happening and also keep the ring safe from theft.
3. Document it. Have you made a list of all of the things you will need for a proposal? Flowers, music, location? Don't forget to also keep an accurate appraisal of the ring. Make two copies and store one separate from your jewelry. Also include a photo or video of the ring.
4. Keep it with you and don't leave it unattended in a car or suitcase. If traveling to a special destination for a proposal when you arrive at a hotel or restaurant, don't hand your jewelry bag to a hotel or restaurant staff. Carry it personally.
5. Insure it right. Perfect Circle Jewelry Insurance provides personal jewelry protection against loss, damage, theft and mysterious disappearance wherever your travels take you, worldwide. So get the right insurance then relax and wait for the Yes you are expecting. Good luck.
For more tips to keeping your ring safe or information on jewelry insurance visit PerfectCircleInsurance.com.
Jewelers Mutual Insurance Company is the only company specializing exclusively in jewelry insurance in the United States and Canada. The American Gem Society, Jewelers of America, and Canadian Jewellers Association exclusively endorse Jewelers Mutual. Its continued A+ Superior rating from A.M. Best reflects the company's strong financial position. Jewelers Mutual was founded in 1913 in Neenah, Wis., by jewelers who needed affordable insurance. Today, Jewelers Mutual insures manufacturers, repair businesses, custom designers, retailers, artisans, appraisers, wholesalers, bench jewelers, and individuals. More than 10,000 commercial policyholders trust Jewelers Mutual to insure their jewelry businesses, and more than 250,000 individual policyholders carry over $4 billion in personal insurance coverage. Visit the Perfect Circle Insurance site at www.PerfectCircleInsurance.com.
SOURCE Jewelers Mutual Insurance Company
More by this Source
Jewelers Mutual Insurance Company Announces Winner Of The Everlasting Love Contest
Jun 19, 2013, 09:34 ET
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.