Toast the Holidays with ALDI Award-Winning Wines
Switch to ALDI This Season to Save Big on Holiday Entertaining
BATAVIA, Ill., Nov. 30, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Just in time for holiday celebrations and dinner parties, ALDI announces its line-up of award-winning international exclusive wines, including six that received medals from the Beverage Testing Institute in the recent 2011 World Value Wine Competition. Most of the ALDI award-winning wines are priced at $4.99 or less, making it easy to serve guests high-quality wines for the lowest prices.
"Between gifts and gatherings, holiday expenses stack up, especially when it comes to wine. We're very proud of the quality of our exclusive brands, especially our broad range of award-winning wines, and believe that shoppers will be pleased with the extensive selection and savings they can find at ALDI this holiday season," said Chuck Youngstrom, president, ALDI.
ALDI exclusive wines come from the most fertile grape producing regions in the world. With this global reach, each bottle of wine comes with remarkable flavor. The award-winning line of ALDI wines includes:
Beverage Testing Institute 2011 World Wine Challenge Winners
- Walker Napa Valley Red Wine (California) – 88 points, Silver Medal Flavors of dark cherry, blackberry, raspberry, black pepper and vanilla enhance this blend of Merlot, Syrah and Cabernet Sauvignon, providing the perfect companion for pasta or barbeque.
- Vina Decana Tempranillo (Spain) – 88 points, Silver Medal Pleasingly dry taste with flavors of red cherries and vanilla layered with notes of oak. This makes the perfect complement for paella, grilled meats, or peppered steak.
- Memoir Red Wine (California) – 83 points, Bronze Medal Full-bodied and semi-dry with hints of black currant and a subtle oak finish. Flavors include blackberry and raspberry, which pair wonderfully with barbeque, pizza, and dishes made with marinara sauce.
- Villa Malizia Pinot Grigio (Italy) – 86 points, Silver Medal Floral and honeysuckle aromas accented by flavors of peach and pear. Pairs well with lighter meals, soft cheeses, and seafood.
- Chaza Moscato (South Africa) – 85 points, Silver Medal Light body with a sweet taste thanks to its pear, apricot, and sweet peach flavors. Its crisp, refreshing finish makes it the perfect addition to spicy cuisine, salads, and dessert, or just enjoy on its own.
- Sovinello Private Collection, Pinot Noir (Italy) – 85 points, Silver Medal Consists of cherry and strawberry flavors with a hint of chocolate. The unique flavor combined with juicy plum works well with pork, turkey, grilled salmon and firm cheeses.
Wine Spectator "Best Value"
- Gonfalone Chianti (Italy) – 85 points Brilliant ruby color, distinctive bouquet and dry yet rounded flavor. Compliments pasta, roast meats, pizza, and ripe cheeses.
World Wine Championships Award
- Landshut Sweet Red (Germany) – 88 points Aromas of spiced cherries and strawberry compote with a fruity, sweet medium body and a light tangy watermelon finish. Pairs especially well with brownies and apple pie.
- Toca Diamonte Malbec (Argentina) – 84 points, Bronze Medal Deep garnet black color with aromas of berry compote and chocolate-covered espresso beans. Soft and silky with a fruity-yet-dry medium body. Pairs well when firing up any meat on a wood fire, including steak, pork, chicken, or sausage.
Wine Enthusiast "Best Buy"
- Landshut Riesling (Germany) – 84 points, Silver Medal Aromas of mild lemon butter cream, pistachio nougat and peach jam. Tangy orange zest with a slight mineral finish. This versatile wine compliments a variety of foods, including Asian, Indian and, of course, German-style dishes.
Shoppers can switch from national brands to high-quality ALDI exclusive brands, including the award-winning wines, and save up to 50 percent. There's no better time to "Switch & Save" with ALDI than the holidays. Hosts can get all of their entertaining essentials for less, including everything from appetizers to main courses, side dishes and desserts.
Customers can fulfill the majority of their holiday grocery shopping needs at ALDI, where they'll find more than 1,400 of the most frequently purchased grocery items sold under ALDI exclusive brands, including beer and 24 wine varieties. During the holiday season, ALDI stores carry an additional line-up of more than 100 seasonal items.
ALDI stands behind the quality of its private label products with a Double Guarantee. If for any reason a customer is not 100 percent satisfied with a product, ALDI will gladly replace the product AND refund the customer's money.
About ALDI Inc.
A leader in the grocery retailing industry since 1976, ALDI is committed to bringing customers the highest quality products at the lowest possible prices. The company's exclusive brands meet or beat the national name brands on taste and quality. With more than 1,100 U.S. stores located in 31 states, primarily from Kansas to the East Coast, ALDI continues to expand, most recently in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area and South Florida. ALDI applies smart and efficient operational and business practices to save more than 20 million monthly customers up to 50 percent on their grocery bills. ALDI sells more than 1,400 of the most frequently purchased grocery and household items in a simple and easy-to-navigate shopping environment. For more information about ALDI, visit www.aldi.us.
SOURCE ALDI Inc.
More by this Source
Happier Holidays, Exclusively From ALDI
Nov 07, 2013, 08:00 ET
ALDI Expands Coffee Offerings with New, Exclusive Brand Single Serve Coffee Cups
Oct 07, 2013, 12:22 ET
Survey Names ALDI the Low-Price Grocery Leader for Third Consecutive Year
Aug 08, 2013, 09:00 ET
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.