Toluna QuickSurveys polls 2000 Americans to get first feedback on iPhone 5; One-third of Android users and half of Blackberry users say they'll switch
One-third of Americans would buy iPhone 5
SAN FRANCISCO, Sept. 14, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Within 24 hours of Apple CEO Tim Cook 's unveiling of the iPhone 5, Toluna QuickSurveys has the first large scale consumer reaction to the launch.
Overwhelmingly, the survey of 2000 Americans found consumers reacted positively to the announcement with half of consumers saying they were extremely satisfied with the features unveiled.
In particular, 58% were impressed by the new look, with consumers between the ages of 18-34 (61%) slightly more impressed than consumers over 35 (55%).
Other findings included:
- Extended battery life was the favorite element of the new phone followed by the enhanced processing power and speed
- People who already own an iPhone are more likely to upgrade to the iPhone 5 with 76% saying they would definitely upgrade
- Android users had a mixed response: 32% say they would buy it and 33% say they definitely would not buy the iPhone 5
- More than half (56%) of Blackberry users would give up their current device for an iPhone 5
- The biggest disappointment from the launch was the lack of wireless charging (24%) and not having micro-USB capability (also 24%)
Toluna has a representative global community of 4 million people ready to respond to surveys at any time. Toluna is now providing real-time direct access to this community via QuickSurveys, a DIY survey tool, so US organizations and marketers can now get fast, reliable, and cost effective research results.
Toluna, Toluna.com, is one of the world's leading online panel and survey-technology providers operating across 39 markets with 17 offices in Europe, North America and Asia Pacific. Toluna clients include the world's leading brands, market research agencies, management consultancies and marketing communications firms.
SOURCE Toluna QuickSurveys
More by this Source
Amazon Dominates Despite Millions of Americans Cutting Holiday Spending
Dec 14, 2012, 09:00 ET
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.