NEW YORK, Feb. 27, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- First cultivated in Mexico, tomatoes are today grown in over 150 countries. Around 80% of the tomatoes produced worldwide are consumed fresh, whereas the remaining 20% are utilized in the tomato processing industry. As an important flavouring ingredient, processed tomato products are extensively used in the food processing industry, fast food joints, hotels, restaurants and households. There are many processed tomato products available in the market. Some of these include - peeled tomato, partially dehydrated tomato, diced tomato, tomato snacks, tomato paste, ketchup, soup, juice, sauce, powder and concentrate. Tomato processing, which began with the manual canning of tomatoes in 1847, currently represents a highly organized industry with sales worth billions of dollars. According to IMARC Group, the global tomato processing market reached a volume of around 34 Million Tons in 2016. A number of factors are currently driving the growth of this market. These include changing food habits, rising incomes, urbanisation, emerging markets, growing consumption of fast foods especially by youngsters, etc.
IMARC Group's report "Tomato Processing Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2017-2022", has segmented the market on the basis of product type. Currently, sauces account for nearly a third of the total processed tomato consumption. Sauces are followed by pastes, canned tomatoes, ketchups and juices. The report has also analysed the market on the basis of key regions. The United States currently represents the world's biggest tomato processor accounting for more than one third of the total global tomatoes processed. Other major countries include - Italy, China, Turkey, Iran, Spain and Brazil. The report has also analysed the competitive landscape of the market. Some of the key players currently operating in this market include - Morning Star, Tunhe, Chalkis, Ingomar Packing and JG Boswell.
The report provides a techno-commercial roadmap for setting up a tomato processing plant. The study, which has been done by one of the world's leading research and advisory firms, covers all the requisite aspects of the tomato processing market. This ranges from macro overview of the market to micro details of the industry performance, processing and manufacturing requirements, project cost, project funding, project economics, expected returns on investment, profit margins, etc. This report is a must-read for entrepreneurs, investors, researchers, consultants, business strategists, and all those who are planning to foray into the tomato processing industry in any manner.