NEW YORK, Nov. 22, 2016 /PRNewswire/ --
This photonic applications report by BCC Research analyzes the tools and components for photonic application and its market dynamics.
Use this report to:
- Analyze the various applications for tools and components for photonic applications.
- Examine key trends related to the types, networks and regional factors that shape and influence the overall tools and components of photonic application market.
- Understand the major stakeholders in the market and the competitive landscape for market leaders.
- Analyze growth strategies of key players in the tools and components for photonic application market.
- The global tools and components for photonic applications market will grow from nearly $10.6 billion in 2016 to $19.2 billion by 2021 with a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 12.7% for the period of 2016-2021.
- The sensor segment will grow from $2.5 billion in 2016 to nearly $4.6 billion by 2021, with a CAGR of 12.6%.- The integrated circuit (IC) segment is expected to increase from $1.6 billion in 2016 to $2.9 billion by 2021, with a CAGR of 12.2%.
STUDY GOALS AND OBJECTIVES
This report is an impact analysis of the tools and components for photonic application market. The information provided includes factors currently driving and restraining market growth, as well as factors impacting the future of the industry. The goals and objectives of this report include:
- To understand opportunities and innovation-driven tools and components for photonic application market highlights, as well as the major regions and countries involved in such developments.
- To analyze the various applications of tools and components for photonic application and their market dynamics.
- To identify segments with high growth potential and to understand future applications of given segments.- To examine key trends related to types, applications, networks and regional factors that shape and influence the overall tools and components for photonic application market.- To examine region-specific developments in the industry.
- To understand the major stakeholders in the market and the competitive landscape for market leaders.
To analyze growth strategies of key players in the tools and components for photonic application market.
- To analyze patent data where relevant.
REASONS FOR DOING THE STUDY
Photonics is the science of light (photon) generation, manipulation and detection through transmission, emission, signal processing, modulation, switching, detection and sensing, and amplification. With respect to traditional optics, photonics places emphasis on understanding and controlling the wavefront nature of light.
Most photonic applications are in the range of visible and near-infrared light. Photonics is related to quantum optics, optomechanics, electro-optics, optoelectronics and quantum electronics, but each area has slightly different connotations by scientific and government communities, as well as in the marketplace. Quantum optics often connotes fundamental research, whereas photonics is used to connote applied research and development (R&D) for tools and components for the photonic application market at the global level. These factors have led BCC Research to consider the tools and components for photonic application market to be an important area for study.
SCOPE OF REPORT
This market report covers only photonic sensors and detectors. Differentiating between the sensors and detectors is a challenging task, as most of the devices available on the market have both sensing and detecting abilities, or the devices have integrated sensors and detectors. Therefore, assumptions have been made based on the functions of photonic sensors and detectors to arrive at a market estimation.
The tools and components for the photonic application market is segmented into categories as:
- By technology: Includes laser, optics and imaging.
- By component: Includes modulators, detectors, attenuators, multiplexers and demultiplexers, optical amplifiers, sensors, integrated circuits (ICs) and light-emitting diodes (LED).
- By application: Includes consumer equipment, military, healthcare, telecommunication, construction, aviation, metrology and photonic computing.
- By region: North America is segmented into U.S., Canada and Mexico. Europe is segmented into France, Italy, Germany, the U.K., Russia and the rest of Europe. The Asia-Pacific region is segmented into China, Japan, Taiwan, South Korea and others. Rest of the World (RoW) covers the Middle East, Africa, and South America. In addition to industry and competitive analysis, this report also includes a patent analysis and a listing of company profiles for key players in the tools and components for photonic application market.
This report will be of interest to:- Manufacturers.- End-user companies.- Government agencies.- Defense organizations.- Researchers.- Raw material providers.- Network providers.- Investors (e.g., private equity, venture capital).
The various sources used to obtain the information required for this extensive commercial and technical study of the tools and components for photonic application market are:- Primary sources.o Selected experts from related industries.o Preferred suppliers.- Secondary sources.o E-magazines.o Directories.o Research papers.o White papers.o Databases such as OneSource, Factiva, Bloomberg, the Security and Exchange Commission (SEC) for company filings and Reuters.o Stock exchanges such as TMX, NASDAQ, ASX and LSE.
Sinha G. Gaurav, research analyst, holds an MBA in Finance from ICFAI Business School, Hyderabad (India), and a Bachelor's degree in electrical engineering from Rajasthan University (India). His primary focus is in the electronics and semiconductor markets, which he helps clients to understand in a concise and intellectual manner. He has four years of experience in the field of market research in electronics, finance and database designing. His areas of interest include semiconductors, automation, industrial controls, robotics and nanotechnology. His publications cover numerous subjects, including quantum dots, big data, ultracapacitors, home automation, helmet-mounted displays (HMDs), factory automation and radio frequency (RF) components.
Read the full report: http://www.reportlinker.com/p04364926-summary/view-report.html
About Reportlinker ReportLinker is an award-winning market research solution. Reportlinker finds and organizes the latest industry data so you get all the market research you need - instantly, in one place.
Contact Clare: email@example.com
Intl: +1 339-368-6001
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/tools-and-components-for-photonic-applications-300367876.html