Top 10 Unexpected Destinations And Adventures To Broaden Travelers' Crystal Cruises Experiences In 2013
LOS ANGELES, Jan. 4, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Crystal Cruises is inviting travelers to try something different in 2013. The ultra-luxe line is taking its well-traveled guests off the beaten paths – often literally – to historically significant, naturally extraordinary and culturally diverse destinations and landmarks. Voted #1 overall among small-, mid- and large-size ship cruise lines on Condé Nast Traveler's January Gold List, the line is shaking up 2013 with countless experiences from Asia to Antarctica. "Top 10" unexpected travel opportunities with Crystal in 2013 include:
- Málaga, Spain – The lesser-known neighbor to Madrid and Barcelona that serves up classic Andalusian cuisine with a heaping side of architecture and history, named by Departures magazine one of the world's most "under the radar" destinations;
- New England/Canada – A rare spring voyage through the region, trading more familiar fall foliage for spectacular spring blooms and landscapes;
- Yalta, Ukraine – The rugged, mountainous Crimean peninsula and lush forest by 4x4 or horseback, a picturesque contrast to the historic urban landscape for which the city is known;
- Hong Kong, China -- An invigorating hike through the lush Dragon's Back Trail for an escape from the city's bustling Central District;
- Oslo, Norway – An Olympian's view from the wheel bob track in Lillehammer;
- Sainte Agnès, France – For one's French Riviera bucket list, a jaunt to the highest coastal village in Europe offers breathtaking views and medieval charm;
- Edinburgh, Scotland – A quest for the Holy Grail, tracing the steps of the centuries-old tale connecting the Knights Templar to the Grail and visiting sites featured in The Da Vinci Code ;
- St. Petersburg, Russia –An interactive look at Russia's modern art -- an alternative to the city's famous palaces and classical museums – concludes with a master class in giclee painting technique;
- Padua, Italy – A bird's eye view of Italy's second most ancient city from hot air balloon;
- Reykjávic, Iceland – Trekking across Icelandic lava fields atop one of the country's characteristic small horses;
Crystal Cruises' passion for creating unique luxury experiences both on land and at sea have helped earn the company top ratings from international travelers for two decades, including a recent World's Best win from the readers of Travel + Leisure magazine.
For more information and Crystal reservations, contact a travel agent, call 888-799-4625, or visit www.crystalcruises.com.
SOURCE Crystal Cruises