NEWPORT BEACH, Calif., March 11, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- This Sunday marks the beginning of Daylight Savings Time, when our clocks jump ahead an hour and the days grow longer. Why not use this opportunity to ditch the fluorescent office lights and find some prime outdoor workspace? Here are five of ROC's favorite spots to work outside in Orange County.
- The Vine OC: This Irvine startup community gives young businesses space to grow and thrive, and that includes a sunny outdoor patio with plenty of tables for collaboration and solo work. Grab a coffee from the onsite cafe and enjoy the natural light from sunup to sunset, when overhead lights provide an extra boost. ROC operates this space in collaboration with EvoNexus, the Irvine Company, and UC Irvine.
- ROC Newport Center: This ROC location tailors to the businesspeople who like to surf on their breaks, make deals over lunch at Fashion Island, and soak up as much sun during the workday as possible. The elevated patio is furnished with comfy chairs, couches and communal tables, making this an ideal space to entertain a client or fire off a few emails. Greenery and bright umbrellas round out the urban beach feel.
- ROC Newport Beach: The expansive outdoor space at ROC Newport Beach is so meticulously cared for, you might feel like you're visiting a museum rather than a workspace. Designed for collaboration, this office space offers locally sourced coffee and easy access to some of the best dining options in the area. Pick up a coffee and a salad or sandwich to go and enjoy your lunch hour right on the premises. The setting is so peaceful that you'll be tempted to spend your entire workday outside — and that's just fine with us.
- Newport Beach Public Library: This library is a far cry from the usual musty, cramped buildings that might come to mind. The innovative, modern design invokes waves, and the floor-to-ceiling windows let in plenty of natural light, so you will feel like you are outdoors even if you aren't. When you do venture outside, a spacious courtyard with ample seating will make for a lovely way to soak up the last hours of sunlight while getting a little work done.
- Your Local Coffee Shop: When all you need is a laptop and open WiFi, the world becomes your office. Orange County is overflowing with coffee and tea shops that provide outdoor seating, easy internet access, delicious treats, and even the opportunity to network. If you're in Irvine, try BLK Coffee, one of the area's most raved-about spots for authentic Vietnamese iced coffee. Folks in the Newport area will have to try Newport Coffee Company, where you can enjoy views of ocean waves and palm trees while you work.
Wherever you choose to work, getting some natural sunlight and peaceful scenery is enough to improve anyone's workday. Check out these spots, and let us know if you discover any ideal outdoor workspaces of your own.
SOURCE Real Office Centers