NASHVILLE, Tenn., April 11, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- When you think of owning a business, or starting a franchise, you may think of fast food or a fitness facility first, but owning an insurance agency may be the best bang for a would-be entrepreneur's buck.
According to Forbes Magazine, Entreprenuer.com and World Franchising Network, some of the top franchise opportunities for 2016 are with Anytime Fitness, Panera, Jimmy Johns, Liberty Tax Service, Serve Pro, Merry Maids, Snap-on Tools, Aarons Furniture Rental, 7-11 and McDonalds. Research ranking some of the top franchises evaluated the businesses based on locations, incentives, training, support provided and franchise fees.
Executives at Allstate Insurance Company however, say their exclusive agent opportunity gives other competing entrepreneurships a serious run for their money (literally) – even though it isn't a franchise. "With the Allstate opportunity you can build the dream, but you don't have to be a millionaire to start," said Jim Conlan, strategic deployment leader for Allstate's Southern Region.
While the top franchises require anywhere from $100,000 – $300,000, the cost to be the boss at Allstate is nearly half that. There are no franchise fees or royalty fees. Instead, Allstate's candidates need $50,000 of liquid capital to invest in their business. The company is unique among insurers because its agents own the economic interest in their business. Agents can grow that interest and eventually sell it if they choose. They also earn a percentage of insurance policy premiums and earn commission when policies are renewed. Other competitive advantages include:
- Always in demand - While some businesses are at the mercy of the ups and downs of the market, insurance is something people always need.
- No wasted income - Unlike some small business opportunities, there's no inventory and insurance agents don't have to worry about losing money to storage, spoilage or waste.
- One of the most recognized brands in America - For over 80 years, Allstate agency owners have had a trusted brand and an industry leader behind them every step of the way. Allstate is a strong company, listed as #92 on the Fortune 500 list.
- Training and Support: An insurance background is not required. Allstate provides comprehensive education and resources about the company's products, sales techniques and marketing tools. Each agency owner also receives one-on-one support from a dedicated Field Sales Leader to help build a successful profitable agency.
Allstate has 672 Career Opportunities Available across the South
Allstate is launching an expanded recruitment campaign to bring 672 positions to the South by year-end. The expansion is part of a long-term growth strategy to increase the company's auto and property and life insurance presence in the states of Tennessee, Arkansas, Kentucky, Louisiana and Mississippi.
Opportunities are available for agency owners and financial specialists and licensed sales professionals.
- For the agency owner and financial specialist positions Allstate is targeting mid-career, mid-level managers who want to own and operate their own business. Interested candidates can apply by visiting www.allstateagent.com or by calling 1-877-711-1015 to speak to a recruiter.
- For the licensed sales professional positions candidates should have exceptional selling and customer service skills, a high school diploma and the ability to obtain a Property and Casualty license at the time of hiring. Licensed sales professionals are hired by Allstate exclusive agents who are independent contractors for all purposes. Interested candidates should email WorkForAnAgent@allstate.com
Earn $5,000 for a Referral
Allstate is offering a handsome incentive for great recommendations. A referral can earn a $5,000 bonus if that person becomes an Allstate agent or Exclusive Financial Specialist. "The referral reward is a symbol of how dedicated we are to attracting top talent," said Conlan.
The Allstate Corporation (NYSE: ALL) is the nation’s largest publicly held personal lines insurer, protecting approximately 16 million households from life’s uncertainties through auto, home, life and other insurance offered through its Allstate, Esurance, Encompass and Answer Financial brand names. Allstate is widely known through the slogan “You’re In Good Hands With Allstate®.” The Allstate brand’s network of small businesses offers auto, home, life and retirement products and services to customers in the United States and Canada. In 2015, The Allstate Foundation, Allstate, its employees and agency owners gave $36 million to support local communities. Allstate employees and agency owners donated 250,000 hours of service across the country.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/top-business-opportunities-for-2016-300248864.html
SOURCE Allstate Insurance Company