Top Contenders For the First Annual 2012 Fright Night Awards Presented By Cancer Bites Announced
Chris Hemsworth, Taylor Lautner, Katy Perry, Redfoo, Robert Pattinson, Robin Roberts, Kristen Stewart, "True Blood," "Vampire Diaries," "Paranormal Activity 4" and The "Twilight" Saga Among Top Vote-Getters Leading Into the Final Days of Online Voting
Carrie Keagan, Host of VH1's Big Morning Buzz Live, will Announce Winners on October 30
LOS ANGELES, Oct. 26, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Cancer Bites, a national blood cancer awareness and education campaign launching on Halloween, announced their nominations for the first annual 2012 Fright Night Awards earlier this week in which fans from all around the world can vote for their favorite frights in 21 categories that encompass film, television, celebrity costumes and more. The Fright Night Awards is a virtual awards show held exclusively online. Fans can vote for their favorites at www.frightnightawards.com.
VH1 will be announcing the winners of the 2012 Fright Night Awards on Big Morning Buzz Live on Tuesday, October 30. Show host and nominee Carrie Keagan says, "I think it's great that the entertainment industry can get behind such an amazing cause and I am proud to be a part of it."
Going into the final few days of voting, the competition is really tight in each 2012 Fright Night category. Below are the top contenders:
- Favorite Scary Movie of the Year (2012): The Woman in Black, Paranormal Activity 4
- Most Anticipated Movie of the Halloween Season: Paranormal Activity 4, Sinister, Hotel Transylvania
- Favorite Vampire Movie of the Year: The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part I (2011), Dark Shadows (2012)
- Favorite Supernatural TV Show (2012): Vampire Diaries, True Blood
- Favorite Female TV or Movie Vampire: Deborah Ann Woll (True Blood), Kristen Stewart (Twilight)
- Favorite Male TV or Movie Vampire: Robert Pattinson (Twilight), Alexander Skarsgard (True Blood)
- Favorite Movie or TV Werewolf: Taylor Lautner as Jacob (Twilight), Joe Manganiello as Alcide (True Blood)
- Favorite Actor in a Horror Film (2011-2012): Chris Hemsworth (The Cabin in the Woods – 2011), Daniel Radcliffe (The Woman In Black – 2012)
- Favorite Actress in a Horror Film (2011-2012): Ashley Greene (The Apparition – 2012), Kate Beckinsale (Underworld: Awakening – 2012)
- Favorite Actor I would like to "Sink my Teeth Into": Robert Pattinson , Johnny Depp
- Favorite Actress I would like to "Sink my Teeth Into": Mila Kunis , Scarlett Johansson , Angelina Jolie
- Favorite Male Celebrity who Dresses for Halloween Every Day: Redfoo/LMFAO, Perez Hilton , Marilyn Manson , Ozzy Osbourne
- Favorite Female Celebrity who Dresses for Halloween Every Day: Lady Gaga, Katy Perry
- Favorite Celebrity Costume (2011): Katy Perry (Skeleton), Heidi Klum (Visible Woman)
- Favorite Talk Show Host Halloween Costume: Robin Roberts as Nicki Minaj (Good Morning America), Hoda Kotb as Yoda from Star Wars (The Today Show), Carrie Keagan as Jem from Jem & the Holograms (VH1 Big Morning Buzz Live)
- Favorite Scream of All Time in a Horror Movie Scene: Drew Barrymore (Scream), Janet Leigh (Psycho), Jamie Lee Curtis (Halloween)
- Most Frightening Horror Movie Villain of all Time: Anthony Hopkins as Hannibal Lecter (Hannibal), Michael Meyers (Halloween Series)
- Favorite Series of Horror Movies of all Time: Nightmare on Elm Street, Scream
- Favorite Male Halloween Costume of 2012: Psy (Gangnam Style), Christian Grey
- Favorite Female Halloween Costume of 2012: Anastasia Steele , Katniss Everdeen
- Favorite Halloween Candy of All Time: M&Ms, Reese's Peanut Butter Cups
Harnessing the Halloween season and the public's obsession around the mystique of vampires and the supernatural, Cancer Bites has assembled a powerful team of partners, experts and spokespeople to educate the public about the prevalence of blood cancers. Cancer Bites will focus on raising awareness around those most impacted by the disease and creating a broad national dialogue on the importance of funding life-saving research. Robert Pattinson introduced the concept at the 2011 Teen Choice Awards in his acceptance speech for his "Choice Celebrity Vampire" that was dedicated to the Cancer Bites cause.
Despite the fact that every four minutes someone will be diagnosed with a blood cancer and that collectively blood cancers make up the fourth most common cancer type overall, blood cancer lags far behind other cancer education initiatives on the public awareness scale. Cancer Bites is aiming to change that and has enlisted the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS), Lymphoma Research Foundation (LRF) and the Multiple Myeloma Research Foundation (MMRF) to help fuel its mission.
For Cancer Bites and the Fright Night Awards, blood cancer survivor and creator/co-executive producer of the FOX Teen Choice Awards, Michael Burg saw a unique opportunity to raise awareness for blood cancer programs and generate broad national dialogue. "Bringing a touch of entertainment and fun together during a time that celebrates Halloween is really rewarding," said Burg. "Our ultimate goal is to rally the public to increase overall awareness of blood cancers."
In addition to voting for their favorite Fright Night nominees, people can show their support by spreading the word about Cancer Bites and blood cancer awareness. The official Cancer Bites website, www.cancerbites.tv, will launch on Halloween. In the meantime, voters are encouraged to spread the word via their social networks to encourage friends and family to vote and to log on to get the latest updates about the campaign, blood cancers and of course, their favorite supernatural celebrities. Fans are encouraged to join the Cancer Bites community on Facebook and Twitter.
Edge Health: The creator of Cancer Bites, Edge Health, is an entertainment and branding entity that focuses on creating healthcare messaging for the consumer. To learn more, visit www.edgehealth.com.
SOURCE Cancer Bites
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.