DALLAS, July 6, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Two of Dallas' top boutique law firms are merging to better serve their clients in high-stakes business disputes, employment law litigation and counseling, business restructuring and general counsel services. The July 1 launch of Loewinsohn Flegle Deary Simon LLP will result in a dynamic new platform for sophisticated legal consumers, replacing the law firms Loewinsohn Flegle Deary LLP and Simon, Ray & Winikka LLP.
"Our lawyers are at the top of their game, representing clients in crucial areas impacting their businesses," says noted trial attorney and name partner Alan S. Loewinsohn. "We are now in a better position to solve a broader range of our clients' complicated business problems and disputes. Whether you are a plaintiff or defendant, we can continue to handle any type of state or federal dispute in court proceedings or arbitrations."
Fellow accomplished trial and bankruptcy attorney and name partner Craig F. Simon says the merger creates a level of expertise uncommon at many boutique firms.
"There are very few, if any, firms of our size that can provide the broad and deep knowledge and track record in the courtroom and through negotiation that we bring to the table," says Mr. Simon. "From business litigation to employment law to bankruptcy and business restructuring, our team is home to attorneys who are consistently ranked by their peers among the best in the state and the entire nation."
Loewinsohn Flegle Deary Simon's clients include a variety of companies, partnerships, limited liability companies, and high net worth individuals, including Lincoln Property Co., Toni&Guy USA LLC, Rosewood Property Co., Kaiser Aluminum and Sovereign Bank.
All the name partners from both firms will be founding principals of Loewinsohn Flegle Deary Simon, including Mr. Loewinsohn, Mr. Simon, Jim L. Flegle, David R. Deary, Matthew W. Ray and Daniel P. Winikka. All the attorneys from Loewinsohn Flegle Deary and two additional attorneys from Simon, Ray & Winikka are joining the new firm.
The firm's principals are widely recognized among the leading legal problem solvers in Texas and the U.S. Based on nominations from other lawyers, they have earned selection to some of the top legal guides in Texas and the nation, including D Magazine's annual Best Lawyers in Dallas list, The Best Lawyers in America and multiple editions of the annual Texas Super Lawyers list, where Mr. Loewinsohn, Mr. Flegle, Mr. Simon and Mr. Ray have been named among the Top 100 lawyers in the state. Each founding principal provides decades of experience handling sophisticated litigation, employment and restructuring matters:
- Mr. Loewinsohn has established a national reputation for his trial expertise while working on high-profile cases throughout the country.
- Mr. Flegle is a former big firm lawyer who has represented clients in complex commercial litigation for nearly four decades.
- Mr. Deary is known for his trial expertise in state and federal courts nationwide in cases involving a wide range of matters, including contract disputes, tax and accounting cases, and high-profile class actions.
- Mr. Simon has successfully tried complex business disputes in courtrooms across the U.S., including disputes in state and federal district courts, bankruptcy courts and arbitration proceedings.
- Mr. Ray brings more than 20 years of experience litigating cases involving all aspects of employer/employee relationships as well as counseling companies and individuals on employment issues and contracts.
- Mr. Winikka is a veteran business restructuring lawyer who has represented debtors, committees, liquidating trusts, buyers and significant creditors in complex Chapter 11 cases and out-of-court workouts. He also provides general counsel services for clients in various industries.
Also joining the name partners from Simon, Ray & Winikka in the merger is partner Zoltan A. Papp, who is experienced in every aspect of the general counsel role based on his many years of work as general counsel for a global technology company. He will represent clients while working for the new firm in Dallas and Austin.
Within the past five years, the attorneys at the combined Loewinsohn Flegle Deary Simon have achieved numerous successes on both sides of the docket, including:
- Recovery of more than $40 million in settlement of fraudulent transfer and breach of contract claims on behalf of two Chapter 11 liquidating trusts;
- Multimillion-dollar settlement for an investor against a brokerage firm;
- Tens of millions of dollars in settlements in litigation concerning tax shelters;
- Favorable summary judgment clearing a Utah-based oil and gas company of more than $80 million in damages claims;
- Take-nothing verdict and a related favorable appeals court ruling for a client who faced more than $20 million in claims over an oil and gas transaction;
- Take nothing verdict in a federal jury trial in an age and sex discrimination case;
- Substantial class settlement for health care workers who were denied severance as part of a hospital consolidation; and
- Successful dismissal of claims against a private equity firm in a proposed class action filed under the Worker Adjustment and Retraining Notification (WARN) Act, among many others.
The new firm's offices are located at 12377 Merit Drive, Suite 900, Dallas 75251.
Loewinsohn Flegle Deary Simon LLP is a business-friendly law firm based in Dallas. The firm's attorneys represent both plaintiff and defense clients from various industries in a wide variety of matters inside and outside the courtroom, including business disputes, employment law, bankruptcy litigation and business restructuring, product liability, and general counsel services, among others. For more information, visit http://www.lfdslaw.com.
For more information, contact Bruce Vincent at 800-559-4534 or email@example.com.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/top-dallas-law-firms-merge-with-launch-of-loewinsohn-flegle-deary-simon-300294182.html
SOURCE Loewinsohn Flegle Deary Simon LLP