PHOENIX, March 24, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- In response to the overwhelming success of the first Telemedicine & Telehealth Service Provider Showcase (SPS), the Arizona Telemedicine Program (ATP) is organizing the second SPS, to be held June 21-22 in downtown Phoenix, AZ.
SPS 2016 again will focus on building partnerships to bring quality medical specialty services directly into hospitals, clinics, private practices, schools and other entities through telehealth technology. The goals are to improve patient care and outcomes and to increase market share for both healthcare providers and the telehealth service providers they partner with.
SPS 2016 confirmed speakers are nationally known telehealth innovators, experts and thought leaders who will offer practical advice on identifying winning telehealth strategies, succeeding as a telehealth service provider, building effective partnerships, creating successful integration approaches and negotiating regulatory hurdles.
"The feedback I received from clinicians who were there was astounding. They truly felt this was a valuable use of their time," said GlobalMed CEO Joel Barthelemy about the first SPS conference, held in late 2014. "The information shared was some of the best I've ever encountered."
SPS 2016 Speakers are:
- Richard S. Bakalar, MD, Managing Director, Advisory Services in Healthcare Solutions, KPMG, LLP
- Grant Chamberlain, Managing Director, Healthcare Investment Banking, Ziegler
- Daniel J. Derksen, MD, Director, Arizona Center for Rural Health, The University of Arizona Mel & Enid Zuckerman College of Public Health
- James J. Dickson, MBA, Chief Executive Officer/Administrator, Copper Queen Community Hospital
- Alexis S. Gilroy, JD, Partner, Jones Day
- Mario Gutierrez, MPH, Executive Director, Center for Connected Health Policy
- Kristi Henderson, DNP, Vice President for Telehealth & Innovation, Seton Healthcare Family
- Raymond T. Hino, MPA, FACHE, President and Chief Executive Officer, Sonoma West Medical Center
- Barb Johnston, MSN, MLM, Chief Executive Officer and Co-Founder, HealthLinkNow
- B. Tilman Jolly, MD, FACEP, Chief Medical Officer, Specialists on Call
- Kofi Jones, Vice President, Public Relations and Government Affairs, American Well
- Isabelle C. Kopec, MD, Vice President of Medical Affairs, Advanced ICU Care
- Irene Krokos, MD, Senior Medical Director, Molina Healthcare, Inc.
- Nathaniel Lacktman, JD, Partner, Foley & Lardner, LLP
- Steven Lee, OD, Co-Founder/Chief Science Officer, Opternative
- Jonathan Linkous, MPA, Chief Executive Officer, American Telemedicine Association
- Samir Malik, Senior Vice President/General Manager, Genoa Telepsychiatry
- James R. Mault, MD, FACS, Vice President and Chief Medical Officer, Qualcomm Life
- Randall S. Moore, MD, MBA, President, Mercy Virtual
- Alan Pitt, MD, Chief Medical Officer, Avizia
- Mary Ellen Pratt, MHA, FACHE, Chief Executive Officer, St. James Parish Hospital
- Leigh Ann Ruggles, Executive Vice President of Sales and Client Success, MDLIVE
- Jay H. Sanders, MD, FACP, FACAAI, FATA, President and Chief Executive Officer, The Global Telemedicine Group
- Tarik Shaheen, MD, Child Psychiatrist and Founder, Iris Telehealth
- Atul Singh, MS, Director, Business Operations & Innovation, Digital Health, Walgreens
- Gigi Sorenson, RN, MSN, System Director of Telehealth & Community Connected Care, Northern Arizona Healthcare
- Mark M. Tomaino, MBA, JD, Senior Industry Executive, Welsh, Carson, Andersen & Stowe
- Ian Tong, MD, Chief Medical Officer, Doctor On Demand
- Ronald S. Weinstein, MD, FCAP, FATA, Director, Arizona Telemedicine Program
SPS 2016 is expected to draw 300-400 attendees, including corporate executives exploring telemedicine, telehealth and mobile health; hospital and healthcare administrators; telehealth legal, regulatory and reimbursement managers; telemedicine and telehealth service providers; healthcare practitioners; and telemedicine/telehealth equipment and solutions vendors. Offering a broad array of tele-medical specialty services and models in a single expo hall, SPS 2016 will provide a forum for networking and for seeing and discussing the latest trends in clinical telehealth.
The convention is co-hosted by the ATP; the Southwest Telehealth Resource Center; and the Four Corners Telehealth Consortium, which includes the University of Arizona Health Sciences, University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus, University of New Mexico Health Sciences Center, and Utah Telehealth Network. SPS Co-chairs are nationally and internationally renowned experts in the field and past chairs of the American Telemedicine Association (ATA): Dale C. Alverson, MD, FATA, FAAP, Medical Director, Center for Telehealth, University of New Mexico Health Sciences Center; and Elizabeth A. Krupinski, PhD, FSPIE, FSIIM, FATA, Director, Southwest Telehealth Resource Center and Professor and Vice-chair, Research, Department of Radiology & Imaging Sciences, Emory University. SPS 2016 Honorary Chairs are speakers Sanders and Weinstein, both of whom are Presidents Emeriti of the ATA.
Deadline for poster abstracts is April 15, 2016. To submit abstract click here.
Early bird registration ends April 30, 2016. To register for the conference click here.
More information is at TTSPSworld.com
This content was issued through the press release distribution service at Newswire.com. For more info visit: http://www.newswire.com
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/top-telehealth-innovators-and-leaders-to-headline-second-national-telemedicine--telehealth-service-provider-showcase-300241453.html
SOURCE Arizona Telemedicine Program