Top Ten Things To Do In The Alleghenies This Summer
ALTOONA, Pa., April 2, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- This summer, leading up to Memorial Day through July 4th, The Alleghenies offers visitors everything from a motorcycle rally to canopy tours to plenty of festivals.
Start summer right with these events:
- Laurel Ridgeline Canopy Tours (all summer) Seven Springs Mountain Resort
Constructed to fit into the natural landscape, Seven Springs' new canopy tours consist of 10 ziplines ranging in length from 145-feet to the grand finale--1,500-feet of zip 150-feet in the air!
- 46th Annual Blair County Arts Festival (May 18-19)- Penn State Altoona Campus
This festival brings to life the Altoona campus through paintings, sculptures, costumes, photographs, drawings, music and more.
- Memorial Day Fireworks Cruise (May 26) - Raystown Lake
Celebrate the Memorial Day weekend at the Seven Points Marina aboard the Princess Lake Cruiser while enjoying a fireworks display and dinner.
- Polkafest (May 31-June 2)- Johnstown, PA
The friendly city PolkaFest is a celebration of music, food and fun! The event includes live bands, ethnic foods, and free live entertainment.
- Wine and Dine Getaway (May 31 and June 28)- Omni Bedford Springs
Escape for the weekend with this getaway held at the Omni Bedford Springs including accommodations, wine dinner for two and breakfast the next morning.
- 23RD Annual Strawberry Festival (June 14-15)- Fulton County Courthouse
Visitors can submit their favorite strawberry recipe, run in the Strawberry Stampede 5K Run & Walk or indulge in various strawberry treats from shortcake to pies to waffles and ice cream.
- Thunder in the Valley Motorcycle Rally (June 20-23)- Johnstown, PA
Thunder has become one of the premier northeastern U.S. events bikers are adding to their summer event itinerary. The event hosts over 125 vendors and 200,000+ bikers with new featured entertainment and events.
- Creation Music Festival (June 26-29)- Agape Farm in Shirleysburg
The Creation Festival, the nation's largest Christian music festival, offers days filled with the top musical artists, kids' activities, speakers, and more.
- Juniata RiverFEST (June 29)- Victory Park in Lewistown, PA
Juniata RiverFEST is an all-day celebration featuring a Raft Regatta, community float, 5k River Rampage Run, Rockin' by the River Entertainment, vendors and fireworks.
- Central PA 4th Fest (July 4)- Penn State University in State College
One of the largest 4th of July fireworks in the country features a 45-minute fireworks display, Heroes Parade, Firecracker 4K, live bands, and a festival.
The Alleghenies: The Alleghenies Tourism Council is a partnership of organizations interested in further developing the tourism industry and economic development opportunities in an eight county region in Southcentral Pennsylvania. The Council works under the umbrella of the Southern Alleghenies Planning & Development Commission, a non-profit economic development agency. For more information on The Alleghenies, call 1-800-458-3433 or visit www.TheAlleghenies.com. To create your itinerary visit www.touralleghenies.com
SOURCE The Alleghenies Tourism Council