Top U.S. Policy And Industry Leaders To Gather In Miami To Discuss The Business Of Health Care In Wake Of Election
CORAL GABLES, Fla., Nov. 12, 2012 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ --In the wake of the 2012 U.S. presidential and congressional elections, the University of Miami School of Business Administration will bring together some of the nation's leading health care policy and industry leaders for a conference focused on the impact that the election results will have on health care reform and what it will mean for health care organizations and business in general.
The conference on Feb. 1, 2013, "The Business of Health Care Post-Election," will be hosted by the School's Center for Health Sector Management and Policy and will come within two weeks of the inauguration of Barack Obama for a second term as president.
"The re-election of President Obama and other election results put renewed focus on health care reform and the impact that it will have on the financing and delivery of health care as well as on the business community," said Steven Ullmann, director of the Center for Health Sector Management and Policy at the UM School of Business. "This conference will provide a unique opportunity for professionals across industries to hear from many of the thought leaders who have been at the forefront of the health care debate, and to exchange ideas on what's in store for businesses and health care organizations as a result of the election."
Conference Speakers and Moderators Include:
- Tom Daschle, Senior Policy Advisor, DLA Piper; Former U.S. Senate Majority Leader; and Author, "Critical: What We Can Do About the Health-Care Crisis"
- Robert Galvin, MD, CEO, Equity Healthcare Operating Partner, The Blackstone Group; and Former Executive Director, Health Services and Chief Medical Officer, General Electric
- Karen Ignagni, President and CEO, America's Health Insurance Plans
- Chris Jennings, President, Jennings Policy Strategies; Former Senior Health Care Advisor to President Bill Clinton; and Former Staff Director, Bipartisan Policy Center's Comprehensive Health Reform Policy Project
- Mark McClellan, MD, Director and Leonard D. Schaeffer Chair in Health Policy Studies, Engleberg Center for Health Care Reform, Brookings Institution; Former Administrator, Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services, Department of Health and Human Services; and Former Senior Director, Health Care Policy under President George W. Bush
- James T. Olsen, Managing Director and Head of Healthcare Advisory Services, Bank of America Merrill Lynch
Moderators include Donna E. Shalala, president of the University of Miami and former U.S. Secretary of Health and Human Services; Richard L. Clarke, former president and CEO of the Healthcare Financial Management Association; and Patrick J. Geraghty, the chairman and CEO of Florida Blue.
The conference is expected to draw those working within the industries of health care, health care delivery and health care policy and administration, as well as business leaders and other professionals in the finance, technology, legal, marketing, government and public policy, and academic sectors. The conference is presented by Bank of America Merrill Lynch and Florida Blue. The early registration deadline is November 30. More information can be found at http://www.bus.miami.edu/healthcare2013.
About the University of Miami School of Business Administration
The University of Miami School of Business Administration is a comprehensive business school, offering undergraduate business, full-time MBA, Executive MBA, MS, Ph.D. and non-degree executive education programs. One of 12 colleges and schools at the University of Miami, the School is located in a major hub of international trade and commerce and acclaimed for the global orientation and diversity of its faculty, students and curriculum. More information about the University of Miami School of Business Administration can be found at www.bus.miami.edu.
SOURCE University of Miami School of Business Administration
More by this Source
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.