TP-LINK Introduces the World's Smallest Router New portable routers offer Wi-Fi connectivity that fit your specific mobile needs
CITY OF INDUSTRY, Calif., Jan. 9, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- TP-LINK, a global provider of networking products, today announced two new Portable Wireless Routers, designed to provide high-speed Internet access anywhere you go. Smaller than a credit card, the 150Mbps Wireless N Nano Router (TL-WR702N) provides portability and convenience with its size and flexible power supply, while the Portable 3G/3.75G Battery Powered Wireless N Router (TL-MR3040) offers a long battery life of up to 4.5 hours. Both are ideal for connecting tablet computers, smart phones, portable gaming consoles, and other mobile electronic devices while on-the-go.
At 2.5" and a depth of less than 3/4", TP-LINK's 150Mbps Wireless N Nano Router can be powered by an external power adapter or USB connection to a computer. You can conveniently connect to the Internet and share the connection in an average sized room at 150Mbps.The Router's tiny size makes it perfect for use on the road and is powerful enough to satisfy almost any basic wireless application requirement.
The Portable 3G/3.75G Battery Powered Wireless N Router, awarded as the CES Innovations Award Honoree, has a longer battery life of up to 4.5 hours with its 2000mAh battery as well as the benefit of recharging it using your laptop. By simply plugging in a USB 3G modem to create a high speed wireless network wherever you are, you can share a single USB 3G modem connection at 150Mbps, creating a mobile office or entertainment network for up to five** devices to access the Internet simultaneously. The device is ideal for travel, particularly across borders where 3G protocols may differ.
Both Portable Routers are on display at:
- 2012 International CES, January 10–13, 2012, in Las Vegas at Booth #36212 South Hall
The 150Mbps Wireless N Nano Router will also be on display at:
- Digital Experience media event, January 9, 2012, in Las Vegas at The MGM Hotel
150Mbps Wireless N Nano Router (TL-WR702N) – $39.99 – Product Available Q2 2012
- The world's smallest router - 2.5" x 2.5" x 0.7"
- Wireless speed up to 150Mbps
- Compact and portable, small enough to take on the road
- Powered through a micro USB port by an external power adapter or USB connection to a computer
- Compatible with IEEE 802.11b/g/n and almost all 2.4GHz Wi-Fi devices
- Supports AP, Router, Client, Bridge and Repeater operation modes
- Supports WEP, WPA/WPA2, WPA-PSK/WPA2-PSK encryptions
Portable 3G/3.75G Battery Powered Wireless N Router (TL-MR3040) – $49.99 – Product Available Q1 2012
- Versatile portability with internal battery and USB charging capabilities
- 4.5 hour battery life
- Compatible with 120+ 3G USB modems
- Compatible with both HSPA and EVDO 3G modems
- Features a 2000mAh battery for maximum usage time
- Increased functionality – Use 3G or WAN connection as router or AP
- 150Mbps 802.11n wireless for rapid sharing and increased signal range
Hi-res images available here:
TP-LINK products are available at Fry's Electronics, Micro Center, B&H and Data Vision. You can also find them online at Newegg.com, Amazon.com, TigerDirect.com, Walmart.com and Buy.com. For more details, please visit us here.
*Actual data will vary because of the network conditions and environmental factors
TP-LINK is a global provider of SOHO & SMB networking products and the world's No. 1 market share leader in WLAN and Broadband CPE devices, with products available in over 120 countries to tens of millions of customers. Committed to intensive R&D, efficient production and strict quality management, TP-LINK continues to provide award-winning networking products in wireless routers, network adapters, access points, ADSL modem routers, 3G routers, Powerline adapters, switches, IP cameras, print servers and media converters to global end users. Visit us at http://www.tp-link.com/en/.