EXCELSIOR, Minn., Sept. 30, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Training magazine dared Learning and Development professionals to showcase their best practices in eLearning via the 2016 Learning Design Challenge (LDC), and, boy, did they deliver!
Innovative, electric, engaging, results-oriented, and stimulating are just a few of the words Online Learning Conference (OLC) Chief Technology Officer and LDC Organizer Bryan Chapman used to describe the winning entries. "What's different about this program is the focus on building an actual repository of best practices that can be shared across the entire industry," Chapman noted.
Participants were asked to submit a 5-minute clip from their best eLearning programs in up to two of five categories—Gamification, Learning Analytics, Microlearning, Mobile Learning, and Social/Collaborative Learning—and detail how they met the specified criteria in the relevant category. Submissions could be from vendors or corporate Learning and Development organizations. Applicants did not have to be present at Training's Online Learning Conference held September 20-22 in Chicago, but were offered the opportunity to demonstrate their submissions throughout the event.
Training received 93 submissions, and 16 participants showcased their designs on site. eLearning expert Chapman—chief learning strategist for Chapman Alliance and former director of Research at Brandon Hall, who has had a longtime relationship with Training and its events—organized the program and facilitated a panel of judges. Judges' evaluations represented 75 percent of the total score. OLC attendees voted on site for their favorites for the other 25 percent of the score.
The top-scoring Gold winners received crystal awards at an Awards Luncheon September 22 at OLC in Chicago. The other winners were announced from the stage and received e-badges. To view videos from the competition and share best practices with your Learning teams, visit: ldcgallery.com.
The 2016 LDC award winners are:
Top-Scoring Gold: GameLearn, Pacific—The Leadership Game
Gold: MedImmune, Gamification Portal
Silver: Allen Interactions, Bright Horizons Virtual Lab School
Silver: D2L, Brightspace Gamification
Silver: Accenture, Knowledge Exchange
Bronze, Digitec Interactive, Hilton Hotels Digital Key Game
Bronze: eLearning Brothers, CIP Defender
Top-Scoring Gold: Edward Jones, OST Dashboard
Gold: eCoach, Next Level Careers
Silver: OnPoint Digital, Quorum
Silver: D2L, Analytics Suite
Bronze: Iridize, Analytics for Guide
Top-Scoring Gold: Xyleme, Summit Course - Embedded MicroLearning
Gold: ePath Learning, Genesis Advisers - First 90 Days
Gold: Enterprise Development Group, One Hour Innovator
Silver: Cinecraft Productions, Henkel Window Installation
Silver: MediaPro, Preventing Phishing
Silver: Intrepid Learning, Capital City Teller Learning Hub
Bronze: Allen Interactions, Mary Kay Learning
Bronze: BizLibrary, BizLibrary Microlearning
Top-Scoring Gold: ACTO App, ACTO Learning App
Gold: Artisan E-Learning, Resolving Customer Conflict
Silver: OnPoint Digital, Harvey's Learning Portal
Silver: Integra, Human Anatomy Explorer
Silver: Sealworks Interactive, Nielsen My Learning
Bronze: ADT Security Solutions, New Rep Onboarding Process
Bronze: University of Colorado, H5P Platform
Top-Scoring Gold: Intrepid, VitalSmarts Virtual Trainer Certification
Silver: Accenture Collections, Social Bookmarks
Silver: Lenovo, AirClass
Bronze: SAP, Leadership Excellence Acceleration Program (LEAP)
Bronze: Vignettes Learning, Social/Collaboration
About Training magazine
Training is a 52-year-old professional development magazine written for training, human resources, and business management professionals in all industries that advocate training and workforce development as a business tool. Training also produces world-class conferences, expositions, and digital products that focus on job-related, employer-sponsored training and education in the working world. Training is published by Lakewood Media Group.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/training-announces-2016-learning-design-challenge-award-winners-300337377.html
SOURCE Training magazine