MIAMI, July 1, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Transwestern's Miami office today announces it completed nearly 700,000 square feet of industrial lease transactions in the first half of 2014 in Miami's Airport submarket and Puerto Rico. The firm secured a 55,000-square-foot lease for New Breed Logistics Inc. in Barceloneta, Puerto Rico. The South Florida Industrial Team consists of Managing Directors Walter Byrd and Ben Eisenberg, Senior Vice Presidents Thomas Kresse and John Vaught, Senior Associate Carlos Gaviria and Associate Andrew Fernandez.
"It seems that all South Florida markets are enjoying an unprecedented amount of activity, which has led to steady rent growth and a significant development pipeline," said Eisenberg. "Our team has experienced a tremendous amount of activity over the last few months and expects demand for industrial assets to remain robust for the remainder of the year."
Transactions in Miami's Airport submarket include:
- CEVA Logistics U.S. Inc. signed a 364,000-square-foot lease extension at 5601 NW 72nd Ave. Transwestern represented building owner Clarion Partners in the transaction.
- Bruna Seals LLC signed a 48,000-square-foot, long-term lease at 2800 NW 105th Ave. Transwestern represented building owner Clarion Partners in the transaction.
- Juki America Inc. signed a 43,000-square-foot lease extension at RREEF Beacon Centre. Transwestern represented building owner RREEF in the transaction.
- Transwestern represented Hidalgo Group, a logistics company, in a 35,500-square-foot lease at Turnpike Distribution Center, 11401 NW 134th St.
- Transwestern represented PriceSmart Inc. in a 26,400-square-foot expansion at Flagler Station.
- Premium Flowers Corp. renewed its 22,000-square-foot lease extension at RREEF Beacon Centre. Transwestern represented building owner RREEF in the transaction.
- Kye Systems America Corp. signed a 20,000-square-foot lease extension at RREEF Beacon Centre. Transwestern represented building owner RREEF in the transaction.
- Transwestern represented SED International Inc. in an 18,000-square-foot lease at MICC.
- Transwestern represented CMSI (Contract Manufacturing Solution) in a 17,000-square-foot lease extension in Weston, FL.
Transwestern is a privately held real estate firm specializing in agency leasing, property and facilities management, tenant advisory, capital markets, research and sustainability. The fully integrated global enterprise leverages competencies in office, industrial, retail, multifamily and healthcare properties to add value for investors, owners and occupiers of real estate. As a member of the Transwestern family of companies, the firm capitalizes on market insights and operational expertise of independent affiliates specializing in development, real estate investment management and research. Transwestern has 34 U.S. offices and assists clients through more than 181 offices in 40 countries as part of a strategic alliance with Paris-based BNP Paribas Real Estate. For more information, please visit transwestern.com and follow us on Twitter: @Transwestern.