Spinal cord injury is defined as damage to any part of the spinal cord or nerves at the end of the spinal canal, often resulting in permanent changes in strength, sensation and other body functions below the site of the injury. Traumatic spinal cord injury (TSCI) is classified as injury to the spine caused by a traumatic event.
This report provides the current prevalent population for TSCI across 15 Major Markets (USA, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, UK, Brazil, Japan, India, Turkey, Canada, Netherlands, Australia, South Africa and China) split by gender and 5-year age cohort. Along with the current prevalence, the report also contains an overview of the risk factors, disease diagnosis and prognosis along with specific variations by geography and ethnicity.
Providing a value-added level of insight from the analysis team, several of the main symptoms and co-morbidities of TSCI have been quantified and presented alongside the overall prevalence figures. These sub-populations within the main disease are also included at a country level across the 10-year forecast snapshot.
Main symptoms and co-morbidities for TSCI include:
- Deep Vein Thromboses (DVT)
- Urinary Tract Infections (UTI)
- Pressure sores
- Neuropathic pain
Reason to buy:
- Able to quantify patient populations in global TSCI's market to target the development of future products, pricing strategies and launch plans.
- Gain further insight into the prevalence of the subdivided types of TSCI and identify patient segments with high potential.
- Delivery of more accurate information for clinical trials in study sizing and realistic patient recruitment for various countries.
- Provide a level of understanding on the impact from specific co-morbid conditions on TSCI's prevalent population.
- Identify sub-populations within TSCI which require treatment.
- Gain an understanding of the specific markets that have the largest number of TSCI patients.
Key Topics Covered:
1 List of Tables and Figures
3 Cause of the Disease
4 Risk Factors & Prevention
5 Diagnosis of the Disease
6 Variation by Geography/Ethnicity
7 Disease Prognosis & Clinical Course
8 Key Co-morbid Conditions/Features Associated with the Disease
9 Methodology for Quantification of Patient Numbers
10 Top-Line Prevalence for Traumatic Spinal Cord Injury
- TSCI by Cause
- Location of TSCI
- Level of Impairment of TSCI
- Sequelae of TSCI
11 Abbreviations used in the Report
12 Patient-Based Offering
13 Online Pricing Data and Platforms
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/sqzcsv/traumatic_spinal
Laura Wood, Senior Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call 1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
U.S. Fax: 646-607-1907
Fax (outside U.S.): +353-1-481-1716
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/traumatic-spinal-cord-injury-in-15-major-markets-2016---forecasts-to-2026---research-and-markets-300311699.html
SOURCE Research and Markets