LONDON, March 2, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Summary
With the growth rate of 7.8% from 2014, foreign visitors spent approximately JPY1.7 trillion (US$14.1 billion) in 2015. The falling Yen and visa relaxations have largely influenced the growth of inbound tourism. Chinese tourists were the main visitors, with numbers reaching a record high in 2015. However, the weak currency led to a decline in outbound trips. By hosting large scale events such as the Summer Olympic Games and Paralympics in 2020, the country is expected to welcome approximately 30.9 million visitors by 2020.
- Japan's inbound tourism depicted strong growth during the historic period (2010-2015), supported by the large influx of Chinese tourists during 2014 and 2015. The unending tensions between China and Hong Kong means Chinese tourists prefer Japan over Hong Kong. Moreover, as Tokyo is set to host the 2020 Summer Olympics and Paralympics, inbound arrivals are expected to grow continuously over the forecast period (2016-2020)With a remarkable rise in the number of inbound tourists, the country is expected to face a shortage of 41,000 hotel rooms by 2020. To deal with this, it is projected that the country will invest JPY593.8 billion (US$4.9 billion) in its hotel industry. Moreover, the tourism agency is planning inject millions of dollars in to renovating existing hotel rooms
- LCCs captured 30% of the Japan-Korea market in 2015, rising from 1% in 2009. As a result, the capacity of full service carriers has been declining since 2012, whereas the capacity of LCCs increased by 10% and 27% in 2014 and 2015 respectively. South Korea ranks among the top three source and destination markets for Japan
Canadean's report - Travel and Tourism in Japan to 2020 - provides detailed information on the country's tourism sector, analyzing market data and providing insights. This report provides a better understanding of tourism flows, expenditure, and the airline, hotel, car rental, and travel intermediaries industries.
What else does this report offer?
- Historic and forecast tourist volumes covering the entire Japanese Travel and Tourism sector
- Detailed analysis of tourist spending patterns for various categories, such as accommodation, sightseeing entertainment, foodservice, transportation, retail, travel intermediaries, and others
- Analysis of trips by purpose and mode of transport, and expenditure across various categories including domestic, inbound, and outbound tourism, with analysis using similar metrics
- Analysis of the airline, hotel, car rental, and travel intermediaries industries by customer type - leisure and business travelers
Reasons To Buy
- Make strategic business decisions using historic and forecast market data related to Japan's Travel and Tourism sector
- Understand the demand-side dynamics within the industry to identify key market trends and growth opportunities
- Direct promotional efforts on the most promising markets by identifying the key source and destination countries
Download the full report: https://www.reportbuyer.com/product/3638581/
Reportbuyer is a leading industry intelligence solution that provides all market research reports from top publishers
For more information:
Research Advisor at Reportbuyer.com
Tel: +44 208 816 85 48