Traveler Alert: More Ways to Discover and Book Hotels on AT&T'S YP.com(SM)
AT&T Interactive and Expedia Affiliate Network Add More Features for YP.com Users Making Travel Plans
GLENDALE, Calf., Jan. 25, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- In time for the ski season, travelers can now more easily access, search and book hotels nationwide on YP.com(SM) – AT&T Interactive's flagship web property. The added features support consumers' discovery of hotels that meet their needs – making it easier to book an upcoming getaway or business trip in one convenient visit to YP.com.
These enhancements build on an existing relationship between AT&T Interactive and the Expedia® Affiliate Network that aims to give YP.com users who are actively looking for location-specific lodging easy access to complete their hotel search and booking process in one place.(1) Looking for a hotel for this ski season? Start and finish on YP.com with enhanced features:
Search: Enter "hotels" and a location (city, state, or zip code) in the search boxes on YP.com.
Discover: More access to pertinent info in search results and business listings
- New thumbnail images - A picture says a thousand words, right? Search results pages now display a hotel image alongside business listings.
- New hotel star ratings – In addition to ratings and reviews, discriminating travelers can review at-a-glance rating information in hotel search results.
- New photo gallery – There's no need to click through to different pages with access to a photo-filled pop-up gallery on hotel business profiles.
- Rates and Availability – A new "Room and Rates" button on hotel business listings offers easy access to prices and availability for selected dates.
Connect and Reserve:
- Enhanced hotel descriptions – Users can connect with additional details on amenities and hotel accommodations on YP.com's comprehensive business profiles.
- Rooms & Rates tab – Along with the new "Room and Rates" button on search results pages, users can now revisit room availability and rates on a dedicated tab on hotel business profiles. Reserving a room is easy with a "Book It" button that guides consumers through the transaction. The booking feature is co-branded with hotels.com®, a subsidiary of Expedia®.(2)
Beyond hotel search and booking features, YP.com users can rely on user reviews, business video profiles, maps, and mobile access via YP (SM) apps to navigate familiar and unfamiliar cities this holiday season. Here are tips from YP.com(SM) to live and discover more during an upcoming vacation or "staycation":
- Hot New Restaurants: Get a taste of the most talked about places to dine in cities across the country.
- Festive Ice Skating Rinks: A festive round up of some of the most magical places to lace up, warm or cold.
*AT&T products and services are provided or offered by subsidiaries and affiliates of AT&T Inc. under the AT&T brand and not by AT&T Inc.
(1) Features are available for YP advertisers who also have a relationship with Expedia.
(2) Advertisers will only have this feature if they have a relationship with Expedia. Advertisers without a relationship to Expedia will still have their listings appear on YP.com with a phone number for consumers to call for more information. Advertisers with questions about this feature should call Hotels.com vendor relations number: 817.524.4121.
About AT&T Interactive
AT&T Interactive, a subsidiary of AT&T Inc, is an industry leader in creating local search products that encourage consumers to discover and engage with local businesses across three screens - online, mobile, and TV. YP.com, AT&T Interactive's flagship web property, attracts over 30 million monthly online unique visitors.(i) YP.com is also accessed by millions of users each month via the mobile web. AT&T Interactive consumer apps have a pre-activation presence or have been downloaded through digital app stores on over 40 million mobile phones(ii).
The YP Local Ad Network helps advertisers grow their business and distributes ads to a distinguished list of top publishers whose presence spans online, mobile and TV. AT&T Interactive's wide range of local ad products such as premium listings, performance-based advertising, and search engine marketing provides advertisers an opportunity to increase their presence among consumers who are looking for a local business.
AT&T Interactive products are supported by over 5,000 media consultants from AT&T Advertising Solutions and other resellers. To learn more visit www.adsolutions.att.com.
Keep tabs on YP products on YP on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/YP
AT&T Inc. (NYSE: T) is a premier communications holding company. Its subsidiaries and affiliates – AT&T operating companies – are the providers of AT&T services in the United States and around the world. With a powerful array of network resources that includes the nation's fastest mobile broadband network, AT&T is a leading provider of wireless, Wi-Fi, high speed Internet and voice services. A leader in mobile broadband, AT&T also offers the best wireless coverage worldwide, offering the most wireless phones that work in the most countries. It also offers advanced TV services under the AT&T U-verse® and AT&T |DIRECTV brands. The company's suite of IP-based business communications services is one of the most advanced in the world. In domestic markets, AT&T Advertising Solutions and AT&T Interactive are known for their leadership in local search and advertising. In 2010, AT&T again ranked among the 50 Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE®magazine.
Additional information about AT&T Inc. and the products and services provided by AT&T subsidiaries and affiliates is available at the AT&T Web Site. This AT&T news release and other announcements are available at AT&T Newsroom, and as part of an RSS feed at AT&T RSS Feed. Or follow our news on Twitter @ATT. Find us on Facebook at the AT&T Facebook to discover more about our consumer and wireless services or at AT&T Small Business Facebook to discover more about our small business services.
© 2011 AT&T Intellectual Property. All rights reserved. Mobile broadband not available in all areas. AT&T, the AT&T logo and all other marks contained herein are trademarks of AT&T Intellectual Property and/or AT&T affiliated companies
Expedia® Affiliate Network (EAN) is part of Expedia Inc., the leading online travel company in the world. EAN works with more than 10,000 private label partners globally, providing access to Expedia's highly competitive travel products, including hotels, packages, car, flights, insurance and destination services, and benefit from unrivalled supply quality. Further information about EAN can be found at www.ean.com.
Expedia and Expedia Affiliate Network are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Expedia, Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries. Hotels.com is either a trademark or registered trademark of hotels.com, L.P. in the U.S. and/or other countries. Other logos or product and company names mentioned herein may be the property of their respective owners. © 2011 Expedia, Inc. All rights reserved. CST: 2029030-50
(i) Source: AT&T Interactive internal data, 2010 YTD average through October
(ii) Source: AT&T Mobility and AT&T Interactive internal data
SOURCE AT&T Inc.
More by this Source
AT&T 4G LTE Available In Twin Falls And Burley
Dec 18, 2013, 08:30 ET
AT&T 4G LTE Available In Terre Haute
Dec 18, 2013, 00:01 ET
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.