TAMPA, Fla., Feb. 3, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Technology services firm Tribridge has launched a formal program designed to advance gender equality within the growing 700-person company. The Tribridge Women's Network (TWN) includes measurable commitments for recruiting, retention and development of women leaders, including programs designed to accelerate personal and professional growth.
"In light of recent scrutiny on gender equality in large technology companies, we took a hard look at ourselves and realized that, as a mid-market tech company, we could be more nimble in instituting impactful changes to develop our women team members," said Tony DiBenedetto, CEO of Tribridge. "While more than 40 percent of our workforce is female, well above the national average of 25 percent in the technology industry, our representation in leadership and programming didn't meet what we expect from ourselves. The TWN is our opportunity to quickly establish a leadership position and extend our cultural values to address even broader issues of workplace diversity."
The TWN program involves women from every level of the organization, from recent campus hires to senior leadership. The program is based on exhaustive research the company commissioned in early 2015 to benchmark itself against other technology-related companies of similar size and larger.
Highlights of the TWN initiative include:
- Unlimited PTO and 12 Weeks of paid maternity and paternity leave: Based on feedback from women team members, Tribridge has shifted to a flexible benefits model that perpetuates a culture based on achieving a healthy work-life balance.
- Addition of women to the Tribridge board of directors: The company recently added two new members:
- Kathryn Hayley, a seasoned CEO with global experience in IT, healthcare and financial services. Corporate directorships include board membership for Deloitte & Touche LLP and its subsidiaries, among others. Hayley is widely recognized for developing cutting-edge strategies to build competitive and profitable enterprises. Most recently she served as Executive Vice President at United Healthcare.
- Linda Rebrovick, a recent candidate for the office of Mayor of Metropolitan Nashville, has more than 35 years of global management experience and more than 12 years of board experience. Rebrovick has held board positions at KPMG LLP, Pinnacle Financial Partners, Inc. and HealthStream, Inc. She is currently the CEO of Consensus Point, a leading provider of prediction markets, next generation technology for market research.
- Enhanced recruitment process: Talent acquisition initiatives include increased participation in networking and educational programs to attract more women job candidates, as well as purposefully engaging women team members during the interview process with prospective employees.
- Leadership Development and Engagement: Programming includes a professional development series and increased mentoring opportunities; community outreach that supports women in the workforce and helps school-aged girls explore careers in technology; training to improve communications effectiveness, sensitivity and collaboration across all team members; and changes to career path development to encourage dialogue about professional aspirations, regardless of gender.
"A recent study published by LeanIn.org and McKinsey & Co. on Women in the Workplace, reveals that, despite good intentions by the C-suite, gender equality is a long way off from being a reality," said Holly Grogan, vice president of Tribridge's People Team. "With the TWN, we are going beyond good intentions and operationalizing our gender equality aspirations. This, we believe, is the natural step toward making this the norm for our business and part of who we are."
To learn more about the TWN, please visit: http://www.tribridge.com/about/tribridge-womens-network
Founded in 1998, Tribridge is a technology services firm specializing in business applications and cloud solutions. The firm helps midmarket and enterprise customers solve their business challenges through Cloud Computing, Finance and Operations, Customer Engagement, Human Capital Management, Business Intelligence & Analytics and Business Consulting. With a focus on developing industry solutions and implementing Microsoft, Concerto Cloud Services, Cornerstone OnDemand, NetSuite and other enterprise technologies, the Tribridge team of 700 professionals operates with an unwavering commitment to provide exceptional service and support, drive measureable results and build lasting partnerships with the firm's 4,000 customers. www.tribridge.com.