DALLAS, Sept. 20, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Trivia lovers rejoice. Not only is Trivie® Breaking Bad, by premiering a new game just in time for the blockbuster season finale--but the minutia-loving game publisher that brought us the ultimate Battle of Wits™ between friends is including Android in an expansion that also includes new games, and even more officially licensed exclusive content partnerships. Trivie isn't just a game. Trivie is a specialized and personal game store in its own right, devoted to all things trivia.
Since launching in the summer of 2012, Trivie's gotten to know its users on a personal and organic level, over 2.0M+ of them. Other trivia games might be tired, spending so much time focusing on the small stuff. But, Trivie is all about the small stuff.
Trivie users are the smart, good looking popular kids, and they have friends. Android-using friends. Never again will Trivie hear the tortured cries of Android aficionados and their iOS friends. Starting today, Android users can join in the fun, frictionless pace of Trivie in cross platform play. Trivie's 50+ officially licensed games featuring highly specialized content categories are ready and waiting for all the Android lovers.
Lawrence Schwartz, CEO of Trivie, says this about recent developments at Trivie,"Trivia is about learning while having fun! Trivie started where vintage TV game shows left off, and we have tried to translate specific user experiences into mobile game-play. By expanding Trivie into the Android market, we are now able to share our platform to over 70% of the world's smartphone users."
Schwartz has, in the past, likened Trivie to friendly water cooler banter. "People are social, and we find our players truly are 'know-it-alls.' I mean that in a good sense. Trivie players are people that are just in the know, sharp and informed. They love trivia! Everyone can find a category of interest on Trivie where they can engage with other friends. Including Android enhances the level of connection between friends for all Trivie players. Trivie is more than a game. We've become 'the app store' just for trivia."
Trivie is busy. By the end of 2013, Android and iPhone trivia lovers will have 100+ games within the Trivie store to choose. This officially licensed content expansion is due to collaborative partnerships between Trivie and top-tier entertainment and business brands. Content partners include properties from DreamWorks' animated genius to Travelocity's genteel gnome--and also include direct tie-ins with network programs on Fox, CBS, and AMC. Trivie is synchronizing games with day-and-date movie releases as well. If that's where the 'TV' trivia thing left off - Trivie is going back to that in 2014 with a new and refreshing mobile approach. Busy and a tease.
Trivie players are free to get their geek on, and have a tablet or smartphone experience that looks and feels like a just like a game show. Example: Trekkies are beaming up Trivie's exclusive, highly specialized content. It doesn't stop there.
In fact, fans of any and every niche are able to experience their passions related to a favorite brand, movie, show, magazine, etc. Example: Trivie players can play 80's music trivia, or enter Billboard Magazine's 80's music genre game. Regardless of where a player's attention lands or lives, Trivie's highly customized games feature the familiar look and feel of a player's favorite brand.
Trivie's Breaking Bad game is here, as the ultimate example of how Trivie can partner with topically and culturally current trends. Trivie's players are able to drill down on all things Albuquerque with fellow BB buffs over the hiatus."Thank you, and have an A 1 day," courtesy of Trivie.
Because Trivie is all about trivia, here are some functional facts, just in case Trivie becomes a game category, too:
- For both iOS and Android users, Trivie's gameplay is truly cross platform.
- For iOS players, Trivie supports iOS 5-7.
- Android smartphones are 70% of the worldwide market.
- Trivie quietly launched in June, 2012. In 5 months, Trivie had over 1M downloads--outperforming Facebook, Twitter and Tumblr.
- Much of Trivie's explosive growth is due to viral, word-of-mouth promotion from users.
- Although not paid to do so, a number of social thought leaders, such as Snoop Dogg, Michael Strahan, cast members of Glee, and The Huffington Post have touted Trivie.
- Trivie is an app that publishes other apps inside of its platform. Each app takes on the look and feel of its brand, while using Trivie's proven game mechanics (No one else has ever done this).
- Content partners are being cross-marketed to the entire Trivie ecosystem (essentially an app store for trivia games). No one else has ever done this.
- Content partners are aligned with Trivie because they enhance connection and engagement with their fans and customers, while generating revenue in the process.
- Trivie users have loyalty, stick around, and keep playing--even though most apps have a limited engagement. Trivie has 2M+ highly engaged players.
- Lawrence Schwartz, CEO is available for interview. Holla.
- Some Trivie linky links for your pleasure:
SOURCE Trivie, Inc.