TriWest Offers Unwavering Support, Thanks to Alaska's Military Families
ANCHORAGE, Alaska, Jan. 24, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --Thank You.
It's an expression of sincere gratitude that TriWest Healthcare Alliance is committed to saying over and over again to Alaska's military members and their families.
TriWest—which manages the military's TRICARE healthcare program for 21 western states, including Alaska—offers its thanks through supporting a variety of Alaska-based charitable organizations that aid the military community.
Helping Alaska's Military Community
TriWest's giving program aims to enhance the continuum of care provided to Alaska's more than 84,000 TRICARE-eligible Service members, National Guard and Reserve members, retirees and their families.
All told, TriWest supports more than 40 local programs, as well as national community partners that host events in Alaska.
"The men and women from Alaska have sacrificed a tremendous amount to defend the freedom of all Americans," said TriWest President and CEO David J. McIntyre, Jr. "It's our duty—and a true privilege—as their fellow citizens to honor that service and provide these courageous families with ongoing support."
TriWest Giving Overview
Following are some of the dozens of events TriWest has been proud to sponsor in Alaska. TriWest contributes funds toward the events and had company representatives on hand to discuss TRICARE benefits:
- Challenge Alaska Snow Blast: Hosted in Anchorage, disabled veterans competed in hockey, skiing and other sports.
- Armed Services YMCA (ASYMCA) Father/Daughter Ball: Dads danced with their daughters and enjoyed the camaraderie of fellow Service members.
- Alaska PTA "Dialogue for Military Families": Offered parents and teachers the opportunity to learn about issues relevant to military children.
- Fisher House of Alaska: Donated to the opening of a "home-away-from-home," where families can stay while their loved one recoveries from injury.
- Lt. Dan Band concerts: Sponsored concerts with the USO in Anchorage, Fairbanks and Kodiak.
Learn more about TriWest's ongoing community outreach efforts to military families.
Find out how TriWest is On a Mission to Serve(SM) that promises to connect military families with high-quality, affordable health care.
TriWest Healthcare Alliance partners with the Department of Defense to do "Whatever It Takes" to support the healthcare needs of 2.9 million members of America's military family. A Phoenix-based corporation, TriWest provides access to cost-effective, high-quality health care in the 21-state TRICARE West Region. Follow us on Twitter and Facebook or visit www.triwest.com for more information.
SOURCE TriWest Healthcare Alliance
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.