True Challenge Returns - Wizardry Online Now Available Classic Franchise Re-Introduced as Wizardry Online Returns to Test the Skill and Strength of Wizardry Fans Everywhere!
SAN DIEGO, Jan. 30, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Sony Online Entertainment LLC (SOE) today announced that Wizardry Online, the massively multiplayer online role-playing game (MMORPG) rebirth of the classic fantasy franchise, is now available for PC players in North America and Europe. This free-to-play game offers new players and franchise veterans a fully re-imagined Wizardry game that stays true to the franchise's trademark features: hardcore gameplay, intense difficulty, party-based combat and permadeath – where when you're dead... you stay dead!
"Wizardry Online is the most hardcore fantasy MMORPG ever created," said Todd Carson, Senior Producer, Sony Online Entertainment. "The difficulty level is insane and delivers a challenging, immersive free-to-play experience that today's players want and demand, while also capturing the true essence and heritage of the Wizardry franchise that players and fans have come to know and love over the past 30 years."
Developed by Gamepot Inc., Wizardry Online challenges players to earn levels in a world of devastating dungeons where crimes taint their souls and the threat of permadeath a single mistake away. With deadly traps, mind-bending riddles and enemies at every turn, players will choose either a life of hardcore adventuring, collecting items and raising money, or the criminal life of taking their fortune by force.
Wizardry Online features include:
- Lost System: Not even death is easy in Wizardry Online. Players will need to donate to revive themselves—and a poor donation runs the risk of failure. If they are unsuccessful twice, their character will vanish, said to be "Lost" and become unplayable forever. The player's experience will be noted on the Soul (account), allowing for an easier start for the next character.
- Massive Dungeons: The game's dungeons present a variety of traps and powerful monsters for those who dare to invade their territory.
- Skill Customization: Players can customize characters by combining skills from current or previous classes. With Wizardry Online's skill heredity system, players can create a fighter who can heal or a mage to steal items from monsters.
- Bounty Hunt System: In addition to monsters, other players will try to kill and rob other players for rare items. Such players are deemed Criminals and may attack anywhere and at any time. Players may offer a bounty such as gold for the death of any criminal and other players will compete to bring that character down.
- Familiar Races: The game offers a variety of races known from previous Wizardry games, including humans, elves, porkuls, gnomes and dwarves. These races have different advantages towards weapons and skills.
Wizardry Online is now available as a "Free to Play. Your Way.™" game to all PC players in North America and Europe (optional content is available for purchase).
For more information, and to download and play Wizardry Online for free, visit: www.wizardrythegame.com.
To download Wizardry Online from Steam®, visit: http://store.steampowered.com/app/221360.
Wizardry Online is rated M for Mature by the ESRB with the content descriptors for violence, blood, sexual themes, partial nudity, and language.
Wizardry is a long-running RPG franchise known for its open-world exploration and party-based combat. The first title in the Wizardry series was released nearly 30 years ago and is said to have given birth to the digital RPG genre. Since then, Wizardry has expanded into a variety of new platforms, remaining popular in Japan to this day. Wizardry Online retains the characteristic elements of the original series but merges them with aspects expected of more modern MMORPGs.
About Sony Online Entertainment LLC
Sony Online Entertainment LLC (SOE) is a recognized worldwide leader in massively multiplayer online games. Best known for its blockbuster hits and franchises, including EverQuest®, EverQuest® II, Champions of Norrath®, PlanetSide®, Free Realms®, Star Wars®: Clone Wars Adventures™, DC Universe™Online, and the recently launched PlanetSide®2, SOE creates, develops and provides compelling online entertainment for a variety of platforms. SOE is building on its proven legacy and pioneering the future of online worlds through creative development and inspired gameplay design for audiences of all ages. To learn more, visit www.soe.com.
About Gamepot Inc.
Gamepot Inc. was established in April 2001. A developer and publisher of online games, Gamepot is currently a subsidiary of internet service provider So-net Entertainment. Gamepot Inc combines unparalleled publishing knowhow, international development relationships, broad strategic partnerships, and a strong portfolio to stand as a leader of Japan's online game industry. For more information, view our homepage. ( http://www.gamepot.co.jp/ )
WIZARDRY® is a registered trademark of IPM Inc. and is used under license to Gamepot Inc.
SOE, the SOE logo, EverQuest, Champions of Norrath, Free Realms and PlanetSide are registered trademarks of Sony Online Entertainment LLC.
SOURCE Sony Online Entertainment LLC