True The Vote Hosts Two-Day National Summit To Strengthen U.S. Election Process
April 12-13, 2013 in Houston, TX
HOUSTON, March 26, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The following is being released by True the Vote:
WHO/WHAT: True the Vote, a citizen-led initiative to promote fair and free elections, will host its third annual two-day summit April 12-13, 2013 in Houston, TX. This year's summit, themed "The Power of Citizen Engagement," will focus on the upcoming challenges facing Americans as we near the 2013-14 election cycle and review the enormous lessons learned in 2012.
The summit will bring together nationally known experts and bipartisan speakers. Panels will discuss the 2012 elections, national issues and trends, the latest research, legislative updates, and training methods to help interested citizens and activists across the country strengthen the election process.
Speakers will include:
- Catherine Engelbrecht – Founder and President, True the Vote
- John Fund – Author of Stealing Elections | Columnist, America Spectator
- The Honorable Rosario Marin – 41st Treasurer of the United States (2001-2003)
- The Honorable Scott Gessler – Secretary of State, Colorado
- The Honorable Don Palmer – Secretary, Virginia State Board of Elections
- Hans Von Spakovsky – Senior Legal Fellow, The Heritage Foundation | Former Federal Elections Commissioner
- C.L. Bryant – Pastor, Filmmaker | Author, "Runaway Slave" | Former President, NAACP TX Chapter
- Cleta Mitchell – Political Law Attorney | Partner, Foley & Lardner
- Dr. Victor Guerra – Executive Director, Federal Election Institute, Mexico
- Tom Fitton – President, Judicial Watch
- Christian Adams – Author of Injustice | Former Elections Attorney with Department of Justice Election Law Center | Publisher, Pajamas Media Writer
- Anita MonCrief – ACORN Whistleblower| Publisher, Emerging Corruption
- Adryana Boyne – Director of Development, True the Vote's "Voto Honesto" program
- Bethany Bowra – Founder, Next Generation Voters
- Others TBA
WHEN: 5 p.m. Friday, April 12, 2013 – 4 p.m. Saturday, April 13, 2013. Registration and kick-off party begins at 5 p.m. Friday, with dinner and speakers to follow. Registration and breakfast at 8 a.m. Saturday, with line-up of speakers beginning at 9 a.m. (Lunch served). Program concludes at 4 p.m. (For registration and schedule information, visit: http://www.truethevote.org/news/ttv-2013-summit)
WHERE: Sheraton Houston Brookhollow Hotel, 3000 North Loop West, Houston, TX 77092. Tel: (713) 688-0100.
MEDIA REGISTRATION: Advance registration is required for members of the media. Please contact email@example.com. (Will require official media credentials and photo ID.)
WHY: True The Vote (TTV) a nonpartisan, nonprofit grassroots organization focused on preserving election integrity is operated by citizens for citizens, to inspire and equip volunteers for involvement at every stage of our electoral process. TTV empowers organizations and individuals across the nation to actively protect the rights of legitimate voters, regardless of their political party affiliation. For more information, please visit www.truethevote.org.
True The Vote NOW (TTVN) is a public policy organization dedicated to reforming our voting systems at state and federal levels. True promotes solutions that increase citizen engagement and restore faith in our elections. For more information, please visit www.truethevotenow.org.
Voto Honesto (TTV) es una organizacion sin fines de lucro, no partidaria, enfocada en preservar la integridad en las elecciones y operada por ciudadanos para ciudadanos, ara inspirar y equipar a voluntarios para envolverse en cada una de las etapas del proceso electoral. TTT capacita a organizaciones e individuos a traves de la nacion para activamente proteger los derechos de los votantes legitimos, sin importar a que partido politico perteneces. Para mas informacion, por favor visite www.truethevote.org.
SOURCE True the Vote