Truphone Frees International Travelers from Roaming Bill Shock During the Holidays and Beyond Get a $15 credit and save up to 90 percent on international roaming fees for voice, data and text in more than 220 countries
DURHAM, N.C., Dec. 17, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- No one enjoys the holiday hangover of bills that arrive in January, especially if you've traveled internationally to visit friends and family. Savvy consumers can avoid a big mobile phone bill when they arrive home by taking advantage of a special holiday offer from Truphone, the mobile operator for the international traveler.
Consumers and business travelers can receive a $15 credit when they buy and activate a Tru Travel SIM, enabling them to save up to 90 percent on voice, data and text compared to what other mobile operators typically charge. Best of all, those savings don't end Dec. 31. Instead, they continue through 2013 and beyond as long as they remain a Truphone customer.
"The prepaid Tru Travel SIM is the perfect stocking stuffer for friends, family, colleagues, clients and anyone else who travels internationally," said Pascal de Hesselle, Vice President of Marketing for Truphone Americas. "It's the gift that keeps on giving, enabling travelers to easily manage their usage, recharge their account as needed and not worry about any unexpected roaming charges that would make them feel as if the Grinch stole their holiday cheer."
Here's how it works:
- Visit www.truphone.com/holiday and order a Tru Travel SIM pack for $29.99. Order by Dec. 19 to ensure U.S. delivery by Christmas. Don't need delivery by Christmas or celebrating Kwanzaa instead? Just place the order by Dec. 31 to make the recipient – even if it's yourself – eligible for the $15 credit.
- Activate the Tru Travel SIM to receive a $15 airtime credit good for voice, text or data in more than 220 countries.
- Insert the Tru Travel SIM into your unlocked GSM smartphone, feature phone or tablet. No need to buy or rent a phone just for traveling. No need to give everyone a temporary mobile number to reach you abroad. Just continue to use your phone and your phone number.
- When you step off the plane, train or boat in any of more than 220 countries, use your phone normally. No need to tinker with settings such as choosing a roaming provider in that country. Just talk, text, tweet or Facebook as if you were still at home, while Truphone works behind the scenes to find the cheapest connection.
- You also can add additional phone numbers to your Tru Travel SIM for countries such as Australia and the U.K. That way, friends and family save money by calling a number that's local in their country when they want to reach you, even when you're back home.
Truphone Inc., is a global mobile operator, helping people and businesses around the world stay connected, wherever they may be.