TRX Announces New Benchmark Reports for TRAVELTRAX® at 2012 Global Business Travel Association Convention
TRX adds credit card data to benchmark database and offers clients greater program insight
ATLANTA, July 23, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- TRX, Inc. (www.trx.com) (OTCQB: TRXI), a global leader in travel data and technology, today announced new benchmark reporting features for its data intelligence solution TRAVELTRAX at the 2012 Global Business Travel Association Convention (GBTA) in Boston.
Unlike benchmark reporting that is widely available in the industry and generally reported at a macro level, TRAVELTRAX benchmark reporting is unique because it takes into account credit card data and comparisons based on relevancy to the end user. These benchmark reports can be tailored to the client's needs and can compare air, hotel, car rates and other categories for similar industries, spend categories and geographies.
TRAVELTRAX benchmark reports show:
- Channel compliance – demonstrating air, hotel and car bookings on a credit card that were not booked through the preferred TMC
- Price difference for preferred versus non preferred hotels, drilling down to the hotel star rating and category level
- Folio Spend Gap – difference between TMC hotel cost and card hotel cost
- Purchased versus paid – gap between what was purchased and what was paid
- Average contracted airfare versus non-contracted airfare
- Percentage of preferred carrier bookings under contact
- Average airfare booked online versus full service agent booking
- Number of preferred vendors for air, hotel and car
- Average negotiated fare/rate in air, hotel and car
- Ancillary fee spend in air, hotel and car
- Carbon footprint in air, hotel, car and rail
- Average meal, parking, or black car spend
- True total trip cost
"High quality information helps drive decisions in travel management," said TRX Executive Vice President of TRAVELTRAX Kevin Austin. "TRX consumes and processes large volumes of travel data in more varieties than any other provider –data that assists customers in important procurement decisions. We added credit card data to our benchmark database to give our clients greater visibility into their program performance and benchmark categories that will further aid buyers in budgeting, forecasting and supplier selection decisions."
TRAVELTRAX helps over 6,000 corporations gain a better understanding of corporate travel data and more effectively manage their global T&E costs. TRAVELTRAX provides users with clear and concise insight into global travel programs for corporations using multiple travel agencies, corporate cards, and/or expense reporting platforms through seamlessly aggregating, consolidating, and normalizing data from over 100 sources. TRX has deep domain expertise in travel data and leverages experience and technology to find answers for the needs and problems of customers
TRX will demonstrate the TRAVELTRAX new features and all TRX solutions at the 2012 GBTA Convention in Boston at booth 2139, July 23-25.
ABOUT TRX, Inc.
TRX, Inc. (OTCQB: TRXI) is a global leader in travel data, software and solutions. With more than 20 software-as-a-service utilities, TRX helps top travel agencies, corporations, government agencies and other institutions maximize savings and efficiency through travel technology applications. From data intelligence and process automation to expense management and consulting services, TRX software makes travel transaction processing, travel management and data management simple and effective. For more information on TRX, visit www.trx.com or call 404.929.6100.
SOURCE TRX, Inc.
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.