SAN FRANCISCO, Jan. 30, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- The stage is set for Super Bowl LI, and TuneIn, the world's largest audio network, is gearing up to provide a comprehensive audio experience of Super Bowl Week in Houston to fans around the globe.
From the arrival of the AFC Champion New England Patriots and NFC Champion Atlanta Falcons, to the moment a new Super Bowl Champion is crowned, TuneIn will offer a robust selection of sounds and voices broadcasting live from Houston.
Since announcing an audio partnership with the NFL in October 2015, TuneIn has become the must-have audio app for NFL fans, keeping them connected to their favorite teams. Its vast offering of audio content spans from original TuneIn-produced shows and NFL Network-syndicated programming, to team-specific stations. Additionally, TuneIn offers Premium users around the globe access to live play-by-play of Super Bowl LI in eight different language feeds.
"In our second year as an NFL audio partner, TuneIn has seen tremendous growth in listenership and awareness of our NFL audio content," said Kevin Straley, TuneIn Chief Content Officer. "The week leading up to Super Bowl consistently produces some of the best audio and sound bytes of the season. With our original show 'NFL No Huddle' and NFL Network-produced programming live in Houston all week, plus live play-by-play of Super Bowl LI, TuneIn gives NFL fans around the world the chance to have their ear on the ground and experience one of sports' greatest events."
Leading up to The Big Game, the "NFL on TuneIn" station will feature a mix of TuneIn original programming, plus audio simulcasts of nearly 80 hours of NFL Network live on-location content. Additionally, with a platform that hosts more than 100,000 radio streams from around the world, TuneIn will serve as a one-stop shop for the sounds from Radio Row in Houston with more than 40 stations broadcasting live on the ground available on the app.
Among the NFL audio content broadcast live from Houston and available on TuneIn during Super Bowl Week (January 30 – February 5):
- TuneIn original show "NFL No Huddle" featuring Brian Webber and former NFL All-Pro Quarterback Kordell Stewart live Monday through Friday from 4:00-7:00 p.m. ET. Among the confirmed guests include:
- Pro Football Hall of Famers Marcus Allen, Warren Moon, Derrick Brooks, John Randle, James Lofton and Mike Singletary
- Current NFL players including Eagles quarterback Carson Wentz and Steelers running back Le'Veon Bell
- Former Pittsburgh Steelers lineman and Super Bowl XLIII Champion Willie Colon
- Former Green Bay Packers receiver and Super Bowl XLV Champion Greg Jennings
- NFL Network host Chris Rose
- Mike Golic, co-host of ESPN Radio's Mike & Mike
- FOX Sports NFL game analyst Daryl Johnston
- Actress and Sports Illustrated supermodel Brooklyn Decker
- Audio simulcasts of NFL Network shows including: Good Morning Football, NFL Total Access, Super Bowl Live and NFL GameDay Morning
- Full coverage from Patriots.com Radio including live broadcasts of "PFW in Progress"
- CBS Boston and Patriots flagship 98.5 The Sports Hub
- CBS Atlanta and Falcons flagship 92.9 The Game
- Nationally-syndicated shows from ESPN Radio and NBC Sports Radio
- Various live sports talk shows from popular regional stations including WFAN New York, 670 The Score Chicago and WJFK Washington, D.C.
On Super Bowl Sunday, TuneIn Premium subscribers around the world can listen to the game with access to 10 live audio feeds in eight different languages. These feeds include:
- New England Patriots radio play-by-play featuring Bob Socci and Scott Zolak
- Atlanta Falcons radio play-by-play featuring Wes Durham and David Archer
- Super Bowl LI game play-by-play in eight languages:
- Mandarin Chinese
Audio game replays of the New England Patriots and Atlanta Falcons play-by-play feeds will also be available to TuneIn Premium subscribers for a seven-day period immediately following the live broadcast.
Listeners can access Super Bowl LI-related content on TuneIn via TuneIn.com, or by downloading the TuneIn app for iOS or Android devices, where a free trial of TuneIn Premium is available to all new users.
TuneIn is the most popular way to listen to streaming audio from around the world. With more than 60 million monthly active users, TuneIn lets people listen to the world's sports, news, talk, and music from wherever they are. TuneIn has over 100,000 radio stations and more than 5.7 million on-demand programs stemming from every continent, and is available for free across many connected devices. TuneIn Premium lets subscribers listen to the NFL, MLB, NBA, over 85K audiobooks, and commercial-free music stations. TuneIn has venture funding from Comcast Ventures, IVP, Sequoia Capital, Google Ventures, General Catalyst Partners, and Icon Ventures, and is headquartered in San Francisco, California.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/tunein-set-to-deliver-coverage-of-super-bowl-li-to-global-audience-300398540.html