Twenty Four OSRAM, SYLVANIA And Traxon Innovations Recognized In 2013 IESNA Progress Report Lighting Innovations Once Again Recognized for OSRAM SYLVANIA
DANVERS, Mass., Oct. 29, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- North American lighting leader OSRAM SYLVANIA announced that the Progress Committee of the Illuminating Engineering Society of North America (IESNA) selected twenty four OSRAM, SYLVANIA and Traxon branded products for its 2013 report of innovative industry developments. Eight of those products were requested to be shown during the Progress Report presentation at the IES Annual Conference taking place this week in Huntington Beach, California. All products selected for the IESNA Progress Report represent significant advancements in the art and science of lighting.
Solutions across several technologies from OSRAM SYLVANIA were acknowledged in the IESNA Progress Report. As in previous years, OSRAM SYLVANIA continues to demonstrate a focus on raising the technology bar with products selected for a wide range of industry innovations including offering industry-leading lamp life; delivering highest light output and high efficacy and color rendering index (CRI) in a single product; being able to control color with a voice activated mobile application; and an EMerge Alliance® registered LED architectural 2x2 luminaire.
"We are extremely proud to be consistently recognized by such a distinguished group of peers for our lighting innovations which span the gamut of light sources, ballasts, power supplies and luminaires from OSRAM SYLVANIA and Traxon Technologies," said Paula Ziegenbein, application business development manager, OSRAM SYLVANIA. "We strive to deliver to the best lighting technologies to our customers who count on us to provide the tools to light their projects each and every day, and today's announcement affirms our accomplishments toward these goals."
The Progress Committee was established to seek significant developments in the art and science of lighting and present a report of its findings to the Society at its annual conference. Each year, the committee considers hundreds of submittals for inclusion the IES Progress Report. The committee, which is comprised of experts in fields such as sources, ballasts/power supplies, controls, luminaires and design, evaluates the entries and accepts only those which are considered unique and/or offer significant improvements over existing products available in the industry. The following OSRAM SYLVANIA and Traxon Technologies products were selected in 2013 for inclusion for the following reasons:
- OCTRON® 800 XP® XL (eXtended Life) ECOLOGIC®3 T8 Fluorescent Lamp – Up to 2.7 times longer life than standard T8 lamps, up to 84,000 hours
- LUMALUX PLUS® XL ECOLOGIC® – Extended life, non cycling High Pressure Sodium; up to double life without sacrificing output (80,000 hours)
- Nano Liner Allegro AC XB – Highest efficacy grazer in class, up to 84 lumens per watt (LPW)
- Cove light AC HO – Highest efficacy AC LED cove light with up to 68 LPW, lowest power density cove light (11W per foot)
- Butler PRO Engine – Scalable to run up to 750,000 e:pix or DMX512 channels; supports RDM protocol for bidirectional communication
- ALUCOBOND Media® – First media embedded aluminum cassettes façade cladding system
- ULTRA SE™ Family – Line expansion of the PAR38 lamps with CCT dimming; includes PAR30LN, A19, R20, BR30, BR40 and RT6
- ULTRA HO PAR38 LED – PAR38 LED retrofit with highest Center Beam Candle Power; replacement for integrated 24W High Intensity Discharge lamp
- ULTRA PAR38 LED Free Form Lamps – First PAR38 LED with 90+ CRI and R9+50 for CA code
- ULTRA HD LED Professional Lamp Series – Highest light output, efficacy and CRI in one product; dimmable down to 10 percent
- ULTRA 25™ LED Lamp Family – First warm 2500K CCT LED lamps without sacrificing output; dimmed look without the dimmer
- ULTRA HO T8 LED Lamps and Retrofit Kits – Highest efficacy T8 LED replacement lamp offering 104 – 105 LPW; longest life; dimmable to 10 percent
- ULTRA Light Disk – Highest lumen output (900L) and highest efficacy (70 LPW); retrofit for 4", 5" and 6" downlight can or surface mountable with integral j-box
- KREIOS® SL LED Set Light Fixture – Highest efficacy set light equivalent to 250W halogen at only 60W; no fan required for cooling
- OPTOTRONIC® Programmable Constant Current Dimmable LED Constant Current Power Supply – Programmable in 1mA increment; architectural dimming down to 1 percent; no AC line voltage to program the LED drivers; replaces multiple power supplies with one model – OT25 (350-1250mA range) and OT40 (400-1400mA range)
- PermaLED™ Low Profile Canopy with integrated controls – Highest efficacy (up to 113 LPW); garage and canopy luminaire with lowest profile (2.7-3.5")
- LEDstixx® Lighting System for Horizontal Refrigeration – Industry's highest efficacy LED luminaires for horizontal refrigeration canopy and shelf applications (up to 110 LPW)
- RLL Series LED Retrofit Kits – Twice the efficacy of 2x2 product accepted in 2012 report and first 1x4 retrofit kit on the market; also available in 2x4
- EMerge Alliance® Registered RLS22 – First Emerge registered LED architectural 2x2 fixture with square aperture diffuser; high efficacy 95+ LPW
- RLD6 Downlight – One of the industry's highest efficacy (<70 LPW) LED downlight with 45 degree cutoff
- RLI22 Architectural Recessed LED Luminaires – First Indirect Optic LED recessed troffer with high efficacy of 90+ LPW
- ReliaSys™ D15 LED Retrofit Kit – First 400W Metal Halide (MH) retrofit kit, 140W, 103 LPW, offering 2.5 times the life of MH
- Industrial Linear LED Luminaire and Raceway – Line extension to product accepted in 2012 report; offers integrated raceway assembly with driver on board
- MOSAIC® with smart device application – First RGB flexible, linear LED tape with smart device application; features voice activated control, color selection of over 16 million colors on color wheel, 16 preset sequences and color match to photo upload
For more information on the products selected for the 2013 IES Progress Report, please visit www.sylvania.com/IESNA.
About OSRAM SYLVANIA
OSRAM SYLVANIA is a leader in lighting solutions and services, specializing in innovative design and energy saving technology. The company sells products for homes, businesses and vehicles primarily under the SYLVANIA brand name, and also under the OSRAM brand. Headquartered in Danvers, Mass., OSRAM SYLVANIA is the North American operation of OSRAM GmbH, a subsidiary of OSRAM Licht AG. For more information, visit www.sylvania.com or follow us on Facebook and Twitter.
About Traxon Technologies
Traxon Technologies, an OSRAM business, together with its control brand, e:cue, is a global leader in solid state lighting and control systems providing complete, sustainable and intelligent lighting solutions. Working with our extensive partner network, Traxon & e:cue transform creative visions into unforgettable lighting experiences, elevating architectural, entertainment, hospitality, and retail environments around the world. Traxon & e:cue's innovative, integrated control, software, product and project portfolios have won many awards and accolades for their pioneering technologies and dynamic solutions, including LFI Innovation, iF Design, Red Dot Design, DDC, POPAI, and MELDA.
For more information, please visit www.traxontechnologies.com.
OSRAM and KREIOS are registered trademarks of OSRAM GmbH.
OCTRON, XP, ECOLOGIC, LUMALUX PLUS, MOSAIC, OPTOTRONIC, LEDstixx, and SYLVANIA are registered trademarks of OSRAM SYLVANIA Inc.
ULTRA SE, ULTRA 25, PermaLED and ReliaSys are trademarks of OSRAM SYLVANIA Inc.
All other trademarks are those of their respective owners.
SOURCE OSRAM SYLVANIA