TwinStrata Increases Enterprise-Class Storage Capabilities with CloudArray 4.0
Addition of NAS support and new high-availability appliance line deliver exceptional flexibility, continuous data access and improved manageability
NATICK, Mass., Nov. 5, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- TwinStrata, an innovator in cloud-integrated storage solutions, today unveiled CloudArray 4.0, its cloud storage gateway that seamlessly integrates enterprise-class storage capabilities with cloud storage, further reducing IT costs, time and administration required by traditional data storage.
- CloudArray 4.0 represents the first cloud-integrated storage product to natively support both network-attached storage (NAS) and storage area network (SAN) protocols.
- Fully integrated high-availability appliances and breadth of storage options deliver unprecedented choice and flexibility to organizations of all sizes.
Exceptional Flexibility Gives Customers Control
Designed to deliver customers access to cloud storage how, when and where they want it, CloudArray 4.0 supports:
- Server Message Block (SMB), SMB2, Common Internet File System (CIFS) and Active Directory for file-based NAS access, as well as the previously available iSCSI-based SAN access
- 20+ cloud storage providers, with the addition of Dell, Google, HP Cloud Services, IBM SmartCloud, SoftLayer and others this year
- In-cloud appliance deployments in cloud compute environments to deliver superior disaster recovery for on-premise environments and primary storage for cloud-based infrastructures 
- Both subscription-based (bundling appliance with cloud storage) and "bring your own cloud" (perpetual license) models
Continuous Data Access Reduces Risk
With the release of CloudArray 4, TwinStrata is also introducing a new line of fully integrated high-availability appliances that provide superior protection against disk failure in a 2U enclosure. Branded as the TwinStrata CloudArray P300 series, the new high-availability options begin with a 6 terabyte onboard usable capacity with hybrid SSD options available.
Improved Manageability Delivers Advanced Visibility
New management functions deliver advanced visibility across both historic and present operations for even greater control, planning ability and consistent access. The new dashboard and GUI provide easier visual access, monitoring and reporting on data stored in the cloud and locally, cache and cloud data flows, and capacity usage in real time.
Subscription pricing for both virtual and physical appliances begins at $0.19 per gigabyte per month for both the appliance and cloud storage, while perpetual pricing begins at $4,995.
Jerry Bogart, Infrastructure Manager, ChemPoint.com:
- "In the two months since we started using TwinStrata CloudArray, we've already dramatically reduced the pain and risk exposure of our backup and disaster recovery efforts. The new CIFS capability and improved dashboard simplify our storage management even further, and the in-cloud CloudArray option provides me even greater peace of mind."
Mark Peters, senior analyst, Enterprise Strategy Group:
- "Recent ESG research has found that organizations spending money on storage are increasingly turning to cloud storage services to expand capacity in lieu of buying new on-site infrastructure, and enterprise organizations are leading this trend. TwinStrata features like native SAN/NAS, high security, high availability, advanced functions and ease of use appeal directly to these larger businesses. With CloudArray 4.0, TwinStrata is really 'filling out' and strengthening the enterprise nature of its offering, while keeping its attractive price point."
Nicos Vekiarides, CEO, TwinStrata:
- "CloudArray 4.0 represents a monumental advancement for cloud integrated storage solutions. More than a 'cloud storage gateway,' our appliances combine choice, simplicity and affordability into a storage platform that offers near-unlimited capacity and handles a broad range of applications. Today, we are the only solution to natively and completely support both NAS and SAN protocols, demonstrating our continued technical leadership."
 Available for Amazon EC2, Rackspace, IBM SmartCloud Enterprise and Google Cloud Compute.
- Learn more about TwinStrata CloudArray 4.0 by attending our webinar on November 14 at http://bit.ly/v4-webinar
- To try TwinStrata CloudArray for free, visit www.twinstrata.com/free-trial
- Follow TwinStrata at http://twitter.com/TwinStrata and http://facebook.com/TwinStrata
About TwinStrata, Inc.
TwinStrata delivers cloud-integrated storage solutions that seamlessly integrate the flexibility of cloud-based technologies with the robustness of traditional storage. As a result, customers benefit from significant reductions in IT costs, time and administrative requirements. Customers of all sizes use TwinStrata to capitalize on the cloud's scalability and economy advantages without sacrificing the security, performance and peace of mind of local storage. More information is available at twinstrata.com.
Mark Smith, JPR Communications
818-884-8282, ext. 22
SOURCE TwinStrata, Inc.
More by this Source
TwinStrata Enables Live, In-Cloud Testing for Disaster Recovery
Aug 26, 2013, 08:30 ET
Five Out of Six Organizations Use or Plan to Use Cloud Storage, Says New Survey
Aug 07, 2013, 08:35 ET
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.