Frank Zappa for President? You betcha! We know at various times he wanted to run for office. In the spirit of the dramatic 2016 presidential election adventures comes a release that gives us a glimpse into what could have been. This album is comprised of unreleased compositions realized on the Synclavier, along with other relevant tracks mined from the Vault, with a political thread tying it all together. Don't forget to register and vote!
The Crux of the Biscuit was created in conjunction with the 40th anniversary of Frank Zappa's 1974 album Apostrophe('). As part of Zappa Records' ongoing Frank Zappa Project/Object Audio Documentary Series, it contains rare alternate mixes, live performances, and studio session outtakes. This release celebrates Zappa's iconic, Gold-certified album, which landed in the Top 10 of the Billboard 200 albums chart.
On May 27, Frank Zappa's 3-CD Lumpy Money Project/Object and his 2-CD Road Tapes, Venue #1 and Road Tapes, Venue #2 performance albums were reissued, and Road Tapes, Venue #3 debuted from Zappa Records/UMe. All four titles are available on CD and digitally.
EAT THAT QUESTION – FRANK ZAPPA IN HIS OWN WORDS is a feature documentary that will be released on June 24 by Sony Pictures Classics. EAT THAT QUESTION is an intimate encounter with the iconoclastic composer and musician, constructed solely by rare archival footage. The film reveals a provocative 20th century musical genius, rock legend and intellectual firebrand whose worldview reverberates into the present day and beyond. To find more information about the film and where EAT THAT QUESTION is playing in your area, visit eatthatquestionmovie.com.
FRANK ZAPPA: Frank Zappa for President
1. Overture to "Uncle Sam"
2. Brown Shoes Don't Make It (Remix)
3. Amnerika (Vocal Version)
4. "If I Was President…"
5. When the Lie's So Big (Live)
6. Medieval Ensemble
7. America the Beautiful (Live)
FRANK ZAPPA: The Crux of the Biscuit
1. Cosmik Debris
2. Uncle Remus (Mix Outtake)
3. Down In De Dew (Alternate Mix)
4. Apostrophe' (Mix Outtake)
5. The Story Of Don't Eat The Yellow Snow/St. Alphonzo's Pancake Breakfast
6. Don't Eat The Yellow Snow/St. Alphonzo's Pancake Breakfast (Live)
7. Excentrifugal Forz (Mix Outtake)
8. Energy Frontier (Take 4)
9. Energy Frontier (Take 6 with OD's)
10. Energy Frontier (Bridge)
11. Cosmik Debris (Basic Tracks Take 3)
12. Don't Eat The Yellow Snow (Basic Tracks- Alternate Take)
13. Nanook Rubs It (Basic Tracks- Outtake)
14. Nanook Rubs It (Session Outtake)
15. Frank's Last Words.....
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/two-new-frank-zappa-titles-frank-zappa-for-president-and-the-crux-of-the-biscuit-to-be-released-on-cd-july-15-by-zappa-recordsume-300281875.html
SOURCE Zappa Records/UMe