CORK, Ireland, Oct. 15, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Tyco (NYSE: TYC) today announced that it is sponsoring several events and employee volunteer activities around the world in October and November as part of its "Tyco Cares" global corporate citizenship program.
"We take great pride in the work we do every day to protect people and property," said George Oliver, Tyco Chief Executive Officer. "We bring that same passion to our commitment as a corporate citizen to supporting safer, smarter communities where our employees live and work, and are demonstrating the meaning of 'Tyco Cares' through these events."
As part of the Tyco Cares initiative, the company and employees are supporting the following activities:
- Cork, Ireland, throughout October – Employees are participating in several events including Jeans for Genes Day, to raise funds for genetics-based cancer testing and research at The Mercy Hospital, and Paint it Pink, to support the Irish Cancer Society's breast cancer initiative.
- Emmitsburg, Md., Oct. 2-4 – Tyco Cares and Tyco's Scott Safety unit are sponsors of the annual National Fallen Firefighters Memorial Weekend, the official national tribute to all firefighters who died in the line of duty during the previous year.
- Mexico City, Mexico, week of Oct. 5 – Tyco employees volunteered at local public schools to train young students how to respond to emergencies.
- Westminster, Mass., Oct. 16 – More than 100 Tyco volunteers will help package over 20,000 meals for local food pantries as part of a World Food Day event.
- Beijing, China, week of Oct. 19 – Tyco employees will train students at the Dandelion School, which Tyco sponsors, about the importance of environmental health and safety and how to properly evacuate during fire or emergency incidents.
- Indianapolis, Ind., Oct. 21-24 – The company will sponsor and employees will volunteer at the annual Phoenix Society for Burn Survivors' World Burn Congress, to help ensure that burn survivors have the necessary support on their road to recovery.
- West Palm Beach, Fla., Oct. 24 – Tyco employees will participate in Feeding South Florida's "Outrun Hunger" 5k run and raise awareness for the company's food defense initiative.
- Johannesburg, South Africa, Oct. 28 – Tyco's ADT South Africa unit will donate fire protection products to Volunteer Wildfire Services firefighters in response to the recent increase in wildfires in Silvermine and the Table Mountain National Park.
- Monroe, N.C., Nov. 14 – Tyco will sponsor and employees will volunteer at the National Volunteer Fire Council's National Junior Firefighter Academy, to help develop leadership skills for the next generation of firefighters.
- Rio de Janeiro, Brazil – Tyco employees will honor students graduating from training sponsored by Fundo Carioca to prepare the next generation of electronic security technicians for a career in this growing industry.
For more information about Tyco's commitment to communities, visit the Tyco Cares pages on the company's website.
Tyco (NYSE: TYC) is the world's largest pure-play fire protection and security company. Tyco provides more than three million customers around the globe with the latest fire protection and security products and services. A company with $10+ billion in annual revenue, Tyco has over 57,000 employees in more than 900 locations across 50 countries serving various end markets, including commercial, institutional, governmental, retail, industrial, energy, residential and small business. For more information, visit www.tyco.com.