NEW YORK, Dec. 28, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- This study discusses the telecom market in the United Arab Emirates, examining the market drivers and restraints, pricing, distribution, technology, legislation, demand, and geographical trends. Forecasts for the three different segments—mobile telephony, fixed-line telephony, and broadband—along with an in-depth analysis of the competitive situation including operators' market shares, have been provided. Profiles of the key operators have been discussed in detail. The base year is 2014 with the forecasts running through 2019. Finally, this market insight outlines opportunities in the telecom market and how best to take advantage of them.
The United Arab Emirates (UAE) had million mobile subscribers as of 2014, a % increase compared to the previous year.
- The UAE telecom market generated $ billion and the sector contributed to % of the national output in 2014.
- Despite the fact that both the mobile network operators in the UAE, Etisalat and du, are partly owned by the government, competition in the UAE telecom market is fierce.
- Currently, Etisalat controls % of the UAE's mobile subscriber base while du controls the remaining %.
- Both operators, Etisalat and du, have already launched 4G services.
- The fixed-line market reached million subscribers in 2014 and yielded about $ billion in revenue.
- Currently, Etisalat controls % of the fixed-line market. However, in 2014 Etisalat's fixed-line market subscriber numbers declined by %.
- During 2014 to 2019, mobile broadband is expected to experience the highest growth among all telecom segments at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of %
Read the full report: http://www.reportlinker.com/p03271158-summary/view-report.html
ReportLinker is an award-winning market research solution. Reportlinker finds and organizes the latest industry data so you get all the market research you need - instantly, in one place.
Contact Clare: email@example.com
Intl: +1 339-368-6001