UBM Built Environment's Building Magazine, UK's Cabinet Office and the Department for Business, Innovation & Skills Educated Government Construction Professionals Digitally
CHICAGO, Aug. 28, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- UBM Built Environment's Building Magazine in conjunction with UK's Cabinet Office and the Department for Business, Innovation & Skills hosted the Government Construction Summit offered government construction professionals a face to face event on July 2, 2012. On August 8, 2012 together they offered a digital environment, which provided highlights from the event. The digital environment was presented in UBM Studios' Conference Center. UBM Studios is the global leader in digital events, environments and communities.
The digital environment offered presentations from the live event, information on the keynote speakers, document and presentation downloads as well as an opportunity to network online.
Presentations in the Auditorium include:
- "Delivering efficiency across government procurement in construction" presented by The Rt Hon Francis Maude MP, Minister for the Cabinet Office
- "Update on the Government Construction Strategy and outline for the future" presented by Paul Morrell , Chief Construction Adviser, Government Construction Board
- Keynote address presented by Dr. Uwe Krueger , Chief Executive Officer, Atkins
- "London 2012: A springboard for UK engineering and construction" presented by David Tonkin , Chief Executive Officer of Atkins' UK business, Paul Morrell , Chief Construction Adviser, Government Construction Board and Nick Baird , Chief Executive of UKTI
- "Stimulating growth and green construction" presented by Mark Prisk , Minister for Business and Enterprise, Department for Business Innovation & Skills and Mike Putnam , Chief Executive and President, Skanska
- "Skills for growth" presented by Mark Farrar , Chief Executive, CITB-ConstructionSkills
- "The Future of Construction - Innovating for growth - the importance of research and development in a vibrant industry future" presented by Ray O'Rourke, Chairman and Chief Executive, Laing O'Rourke Group
Sponsors of the event include: CITB Construction Skills, Atkins, Autodesk, Laing O'Rourke and Skanska.
To view the digital environment on demand, click here.
For additional information on UBM Studios, contact Max Gerstein at 773 687 4317 or email@example.com.
UBM Built Environment
UBM Built Environment is UBM's specialist media division focusing on the Property, Interiors, Architecture, Construction, and Infrastructure markets in the UK and internationally. UBM Built Environment is widely acknowledged as having some of the most iconic brands in the market including Building, Property Week, BD, Barbour Health & Safety, ABI and Interiors. UBM Built Environment is recognised as the leading provider of targeted information across the UK construction and property industry with magazines, events, awards and online information services. UBM Built Environment has also developed a client solutions business dedicated to bespoke marketing campaigns using a variety of channels including virtual. For more information, go to www.ubmbuiltenvironment.com/
UBM Studios is the global leader in digital events, environments and communities. UBM Studios creates powerful and intuitive digital communities that help organizations connect, educate and engage with audiences to capitalize on growth opportunities connecting the right content to the right audience with the right user interface. UBM Studios is part of UBM Connect – which also includes UBM Canon Media and UBM Medica US, providing marketing services across a number of communities, the largest of which are healthcare, medical device design and advanced manufacturing. UBM Connect is a UBM plc company. (UBM.L)
For additional information on UBM Studios, visit www.ubmstudios.com.
UBM plc is a leading global business media company. We inform markets and bring the world's buyers and sellers together at events, online, in print and provide them with the information they need to do business successfully. We focus on serving professional commercial communities, from doctors to game developers, from journalists to jewellery traders, from farmers to pharmacists around the world. Our 6,634 staff in more than 31 countries are organised into specialist teams that serve these communities, helping them to do business and their markets to work effectively and efficiently.
For more information, go to www.ubm.com; follow us at @UBM_plc to get the latest UBM news.
773 687 4315
SOURCE UBM Studios
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.